Talk

Advanced search

Non Isofix Car Seat Base Question

(9 Posts)
Colabottle10 Mon 06-Jun-16 07:17:43

Hi all,

We have a 110 defender and a Jane Strata car seat. Baby not due till August but we've been trying it out today. The defender doesn't have Isofix, which makes putting the seat in a bit of a faff.

Is there a base out there that can be fitted with the seatbelt allowing us to just click the car seat in?

BikeRunSki Mon 06-Jun-16 07:30:43

We had a maxi cosi base that we could fit with just the seatbelt (it was a lap belt) in our van, but that was 8 years ago.

Luckystar1 Mon 06-Jun-16 07:31:28

As above I'm fairly sure they still do them

Colabottle10 Mon 06-Jun-16 07:39:25

I'll have a look at the maxi cosi base - hopefully the Jane Strata will fit it.

Luckystar1 Mon 06-Jun-16 07:58:46

Cola I might be wrong but I think only maxi Cosi seats for in their bases

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 08:07:47

The bases are normally brand specific I.e. You would need a base specifically for the Jane strata car seat

ALongTimeComing Mon 06-Jun-16 08:21:35

Looking at this some can be fitted simply with a seat belt and don't need an isofix base. This is quite common with infant car seats- maxi cosi do this too but when you get up to bigger sizes you'll need to chose carefully, especially if you are intending to ERF.

http://www.janecarseat.co.uk

ALongTimeComing Mon 06-Jun-16 08:22:30

Lucky is right. You can't chop and change bases either. You have to buy the base from the same brand.

Colabottle10 Mon 06-Jun-16 08:59:55

It's all so blummin confusing!

I looked at the link, and a video on Facebook that showed the jane strata base could be isofix or seatbelt fitted. Great!

Then I went onto the website I bought the travel system from and looked to buy it and it looks like they've updated the model and now only is isofix.

Argh!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now