Chicken pox - when can you leave house?

(7 Posts)
Mamabear12 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:01:24

So my son has chicken pox. His spots started showing yesterday. He had a mild fever and he has been super happy. Occasional itch. But so far so good. I understand t might get worse in a day or two. But when is it okay to take him outside (other then our garden). For example on the bus or to the store? I've arranged for people to help me w school run as my husband is away for two days. But could I take him out on weds to store and school run?

FannyFifer Sun 05-Jun-16 21:03:35

Snap, child came out with the pox yesterday morning. I was thinking back to school Wed or Thursday as they should be all scabbed over by then.

Mamabear12 Sun 05-Jun-16 21:20:58

Oh wow, that would be fast and great! But doubtful!

GettingScaredNow Sun 05-Jun-16 21:30:58

Don't bet on it!!
Dd's first spot showed Monday. Some have scabbed already, but there have been a handful of new ones over the week, albeit small ones, but most of the main spots are still scabbing, one huge one is still in its first stage and only just starting to dry out.

She isn't allowed into nursery this week coming (usually goes Monday and Tuesday) and NHS says they are infectious until all scabbed over.

We are off out tomorrow but it's to my SIL's house. And her DC have all had it so no risk factor.
Otherwise we would be staying in again.
It's been a long week!!

And DS (21 months) is most likely incubating it. So gonna be a long month I suspect!

FannyFifer Mon 06-Jun-16 21:44:45

No new ones here today, been out in sunshine & paddling pool most of the day which seems to have dried them all up, fingers crossed.

FannyFifer Mon 06-Jun-16 21:46:29

Can I totally recommend Poxclin mouse as well, it's been amazing with helping stop the itching.

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 21:48:19

The spots normally scab over between 5-7 days and that's when you can be in public again as they are contagious until scabbed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now