Talk

Advanced search

Feeling utterly miserable - advice needed

(2 Posts)
hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:19:54

DS is 8. We have hit a bad patch and are really struggling.
School is tricky with very tricky dynamics of head strong boys so we thought trying clubs and activities away from school mates would be a good idea. However being an 'outsider' has been tricky with equally confident boys and trying to fit in etc. He went away on cub camp and there was lots of falling out and tailing tales. The leaders were good but I do feel that he is struggling to find his place in the pack.
He is so bossy to his younger brother and lashing out at him. His younger brother is very popular and I'm sure this is tricky for DS too. The back chat is shocking and I fast running out of ways to deal with him.
He knows he is loved, gets lots of 1:1 time, has lots of opportunities to talk......... But still the behaviour continues. My main concern is that he is pushing friends away, is causing lots of upset to his brother and adults are finding him rude.
I feel like a complete failure.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-Jun-16 12:06:57

Please don't feel like a failure, you are doing everything you can. Have you spoken to his teacher? Has he/she suggested any stratergies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now