Talk

Advanced search

Half Term Hell!!!!

(7 Posts)
SueAnn63 Thu 02-Jun-16 12:44:35

Seriously need some help!

I'm 4 days into a 2 week half term and I'm already struggling to come up with ideas of how to keep my daughter occupied!

What's worse is the fact my sisters kids are coming to stay next week, so I'll have an extra 2 to entertain.

I'm really keen to not just pop them in front of the TV and would love to get involved in some more crafty activities!

My friend suggested a place called Parsley Pie in Stockport (www.parsleypie.com) who run art classes, but ideally I don't want to spend endless amounts of money.

I actually just spotted the following competition on Twitter through kids clothing company Vertbaudet - I think they're part of La Redoute?!

www.vertbaudet.co.uk/page/budding-designers-competition.htm

Might be quite nice to get the kids to sit down and design their own t-shirts... if they sit still long enough!!

But seriously, any ideas? The weather's not meant to be great, so indoor suggestions would be great!

xx

almostthirty Thu 02-Jun-16 12:47:32

Box modelling will entertain for ages, just save all of your cardboard boxes/packaging and use lots of sticky tape. Put wellies and costs on and go jump in puddles.
More kids are easier than just your own because they will entertain each other.
Baking is always nice.

BuntyBlue Thu 02-Jun-16 12:53:13

The cinema's do a cheap showing at 10am ish in the mornings during the holidays, I think its just £2.50 pp.

Baking - cake decorating competition
Board game afternoon
Make a banner - I get end of line rolls of wallpaper from B&Q for about 20p
Free museums - MOSI, Hat Museum, Staircase House

I would plan a timetable now though, otherwise you'll just spend the whole time stressing about what to do.

NathalieM Thu 02-Jun-16 14:38:27

Have at least one day where you plonk in front of the TV. Embrace having a bit of time to do nothing!

Imnotagilmoregirl Thu 02-Jun-16 15:28:34

I got the foot spa out the other day and cut slices of cucumber for a 'homemade spa' (but ropey but kids enjoyed it!)

We've been to a couple of different parks local to us, I made an eye-spy sheet for them the night before to keep things moving, and one morning I took them to wacky warehouse for an hour (got there as it opened so it wasn't rammed) and then got cheap pizza bases and sauce and grated cheese and plonked them at the table.

Might be worth checking theatres local to you, they usually have a few workshops or kid friendly shows for half term?

SueAnn63 Thu 02-Jun-16 16:31:03

I hadn't even thought of museums etc!

Thanks for some great ideas, I think it all gets a little overwhelming when you know you have to make plans. But when you actually sit down and think, there are so many fantastic things out there.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Thu 02-Jun-16 16:32:56

How old are they? And what sorts of things are they interested in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now