Talk

Advanced search

Typical days food and breastfeeds for 10.5 month old

(11 Posts)
SJMBABYLOVE01 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:31:00

Hi, I'm interested in how much food / how many breastfeeds other 10.5 month baby's have. I can't stop worrying about my little man.

Typical day for us.
Bf on waking
Breakfast 5 big spoons of cereal mixes with 3 oz milk. Plus few blueberries
Bf short
Snack fruit or few rice cakes

Lunch four ice cubes of home made food
Plus half Greek yoghurt or a fruit pot

Pm short breast feed plus small snack

Evening meal, finger foods such as carrot sticks broccoli, most things really. But only small amount. Plus fruit I.e strawberries, blueberries or banana.
Bf before bed
Bf in night

Is thus like other people's little ones

Many thanks

GoldPlatedBacon Wed 01-Jun-16 20:38:22

Very similar to my 10.5 month old except she doesn't have milk in the afternoon; I usually give Greek Yoghurt or cheese as an afternoon snack with some rice cakes or organix crisps.

FreeButtonBee Wed 01-Jun-16 20:48:22

BF at 6am
Porridge with fruit at 7am
BF at 9/9.30
Lunch at 12.30ish - bread/cheese/tomatoes or beans on toast or scrambled egg or quiche. Whatever really. Eats a fair bit. Some fruit after (peach pear banana berries kiwi etc)
BF at 1.30/2
Dinner at 5pm - pasta/fish pie/chicken and veg/stew etc. Standard dinner fair. Plus more fruit.

BF at 6/7

I do have older kids so he basically eats the same as them at the same time. Q

SJMBABYLOVE01 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:55:42

Thank you free button bee, I'm feeling a bit better now, I think my nervousness is related to people saying, if you feel too many solids, baby will self wean from breastfeeding too early and therefore not get the best nutrition. Also my hv keeps saying food before one is for fun whereas my little boy certainly tucks in and enjoys his food. Thank you

Maya15 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:16:08

Why are you worried about him? Is he not gaining weight?

I have stopped bf my DD (10months) and she now has 3 milk feeds a day.
average day
breakfast at 8: cereal w yogurth a fruit puree or egg or avocado or cream cheese on toast followed by
milk feed

lunch at 12 ish
omelette, veg w fish or meat, pasta w veg,
fruit

afternoon snack: rice cakes, bread sticks, hummus, avocado, tomatoes, peanut butter on toast,

dinner around 6.30
veg w fish or meat
fruit

bottle at 7.30

She drinks about 500ml a day.

Maya15 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:17:09

It sounds like he is still getting plenty of milk feeds if you that's what you are worried about.

SJMBABYLOVE01 Wed 01-Jun-16 21:32:56

Hi maya15, thank you, yes I think it's what the health visitors say that foods just for fun before 12 months, my boy was big born 10lb 11half and he's been greedy ever since. I waited until 6 months to start solids and he's loved his food, eats more than his 2 year old sister at times. Probably due to b/f and never really know how much milk they are having. Thanks again

waitingforsomething Thu 02-Jun-16 14:25:55

Don't worry. If he's eating and drinking milk at some various points during the day then you're doing fine!

Ds 10.5 months dropped milk really quickly so we had to ignore food is fun till 1! He has a small bottle in the morning, a weetabix for breakfast and sometimes a bit of toast, scrambled egg and a banana for lunch and whatever we are having for dinner. In the evening he is offered another bottle which he has about half the time. they're all different sounds like your ds is doing fine

NickyEds Fri 03-Jun-16 08:03:48

My 10 month old sounds like yours waiting, we stopped bf at 9 months as she just wouldn't take it at all during the day. Now she has on a typical day:
7.00- a weetabix with a fruit pot and a crumpet, maybe half the crumpet gets eaten
12.00- tuna sweetcorn sandwich (she'll eat 3/4 of a normal sized sandwich) and some cucumber sticks, just to chew on really
3 ish- whole banana
5.30- a good portion of pasta with broccoli and cauliflower cheese (just covers the bottom of a plastic ikea plate) and a couple of spoons of Greek yogurt and fruit.
7.30 8 oz bottle
10.00 dream feed maybe 5oz, introduced to try and get more milk down her!

Dd is a tiddler, 6lb 11oz at birth and still on the same centile, 9th I think.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 03-Jun-16 08:15:54

10.5 month old

Up about 7

7ish Breakfast 1 oatibix, plus toast and some fruit
9ish First milk of the day - not fussed before hand [8oz formula for reflux]
10ish Snack - fruit, breadstick, rice cake, oatcake, toast - if out just 1 if home/group then maybe a slightly bigger portion.
12 Lunch time - onto proper meals now - scrambled egg/beans and toast, couscous salad, pasta, omelette [spoon fed but a toddler portion] followed by yoghurt and fruit. If out he has a packed lunch ie 1 sandwich cut in to 4 squares [philadelphia] some blueberries, carrot,cucumber sticks, breadsticks,
12.30 Milk 8 oz
5.30 Dinner same as his older sibling so spaghetti bolognaise, chicken curry, fish pie, home made chicken nuggets and beans, sausage and mash, tuna pasta bake, shepherds pie [toddler portion] Slightly bashed but no longer whizzed or pureed.
6.30 Milk 8oz

Juanbablo Sun 05-Jun-16 07:01:39

Mine are a bit older now but at 10mths it went something like this:

5am Bf for aaaaaages!
7am breakfast, shreddies, porridge, toast, eggs.
10am bf plus rice cake, breadsticks or fruit
12pm lunch, pasta, sandwich, cut up fruits and veggies, cheese and oatcakes, yoghurt.
2:30pm long post-nap bf
4pm bf
5/6pm dinner, risotto, roast, cottage pie, lasagne followed by fruit or yoghurt
7 bf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now