Talk

Advanced search

2yo breath is rancid!

(5 Posts)
mamacien Wed 01-Jun-16 12:13:53

My dd is almost 3 and her breath smells disgusting. We have very good oral hygiene, I brush her teeth and tongue 2 times a day, 3 if she has a particularly sugary treat. She's not got a cold and isn't complaining of a sore throat but her breath has been terrible for weeks! It's so bad that I have to hold my breath when she talks into my face and kisses me! Would it be acceptable to take her to the doctors over bad breath? I'm starting to think there must be something wrong with her tonsils or stomach for her breath to smell this way!

Latium123 Wed 01-Jun-16 12:43:19

Is she drinking enough water? Sometimes being a bit dehydrated can make your breath smell a bit.

If you are worried about your child's health it is always acceptable to take them to see a doctor so if you are worried then get it checked out.

Keithyoustink Wed 01-Jun-16 12:45:32

Has she got something stuck up her nose?

Imnotagilmoregirl Wed 01-Jun-16 15:03:19

Apparently I had this when I was about 3ish and also snored like a truck driver, I had to go and get my adenoids (spelling?!) done. Might be worth nipping to the doctors and getting checked over, or maybe give the health visitor a ring?

mamacien Wed 01-Jun-16 15:07:04

Thank you all I'm going to take her in the morning!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now