Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Need a wee sample and 3yo not playing ball...!

(6 Posts)
Beachmum85 Fri 27-May-16 15:59:03

I have been sat with my nearly-3yo for nearly 5 hours now trying desperately to collect a wee sample for the doc, who close at 5 sad

She is not yet potty trained, but sits on no prob. The ironic thing is she did a poo on the potty about 2 hrs ago, but refuses to wee!

HELP!!!!

PotOfYoghurt Fri 27-May-16 16:02:08

Just stick her on it with a movie to watch? Eventually she'll have to wee!

Jasonandyawegunorts Fri 27-May-16 19:09:04

I'm not sure if you know this but you can get a bag or a pad that sticks over the relevent nappy area inside the nappy. You ask for one instead of a sample bottle.

uhoh2016 Fri 27-May-16 19:23:56

Put cotton wool in her nappy to soak up the wee then squeeze it out into the sample bottle, disgusting I know but it's the joys of parenthood

MintyLizzy9 Sun 29-May-16 13:24:12

My DS had the stick on bag the other week. Not nice to remove as its REALLY sticky but it does the job. We got ours at a & e tho but the doc surgery may also have them.

Never thought about the Cotten wool, will try that next time!

Mawsymoo Mon 30-May-16 08:25:32

The cotton wool is such a good idea - thanks!

I had to do similar recently for DS1 and he really clammed up - I put some favourite cartoons on my phone for him to watch and after a little while he got distracted and peed. It was a long wait though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now