Talk

Advanced search

Sleep wetting

(8 Posts)
diggadagger Thu 26-May-16 11:07:39

Morning all,

Dad here of a 15 month old boy and a long time watcher but first time poster.

The wife and I are really struggling with our baby wetting through his nappy in the night.

We have tried bigger nappies, bigger vests and he currently has a pampers dry nappy then a pampers pull-up over the top and then an 18-24 month vest on. This still isn't working. It looks like he gets wet through the sides of the nappy but we can't figure out a way to stop this. If it wasn't for this I am convinced he would sleep through the night.

Any advice anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

NapQueen Thu 26-May-16 11:09:57

What is his fluid intake in the day? I think two nappies on top of one another would be more problematic tbh - they surely agitate one another and possibly move them round enough to cause leaks.

For now, I'd suggest a swift night time change when you go up to bed (pop him in a tshirt and nappy for night time so the gest doesn't get wet), and see how he is in the morning.

What are his bed and waking times?

minipie Thu 26-May-16 11:23:34

You say pampers dry - just to check do you mean pampers baby dry or pampers simply dry? It's the baby dry you want...

What size nappy is he in? Might it be a bit too big?

diggadagger Thu 26-May-16 11:40:43

Thanks for the replies.

My mistake on the nappy, we are using 5+ active fit and then a baby dry pull up.

He has a lot of water during the day because he likes to hold his sippy cup so he is constantly taking water.

He is quite a chunky little monkey but when we do the 5+ nappies up the sticky bits do meet in the middle. He wears these ones during the day as well but they are fine but then I guess he only has them on for a maximum of 4 hours so nowhere near what he has through the night.

He goes to bed at 7:30pm and generally wakes up at 6am. If he has an accident then it's usually around 3am. When he doesn't wet through he does normally sleep until 6am sometimes even 6:30am shock.

Thanks again smile

minipie Thu 26-May-16 11:48:05

Ok I would definitely suggest you switch to a baby dry nappy (the green packets) rather than active fit - they are way more absorbent especially the + sizes. Active fit are fine for day but not enough for night IME.

5+ does sound a bit big to me (my 3.5yr old is in 5+ at night, my chunky 14 mo is in 4+) but depends on his particular shape. How loose are the leg holes as that's where it's probably escaping?

Another option is putting him in pull ups and then "lifting him" ie putting him on a potty or loo when you go to bed yourself - hopefully he does a wee half asleep and then goes straight back to bed. That's quite a hassle though...

dementedpixie Thu 26-May-16 11:54:40

I would use baby dry rather than active fit. Some people suggest those nappy boosters you use in reusable nappies so you could try them

diggadagger Thu 26-May-16 12:18:09

Thanks all for your advice, I'll grab some baby dry nappies and try 1 nappy at at time rather than the 2 we are using now. I'll give the smaller 4+ a go as well.

If any problems, I'll update.

Thank you grin

diggadagger Fri 27-May-16 15:46:32

Well, we had a dry night last night after following your advice but since he's teething it wasn't a peaceful night! sad

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now