Soiling pants

(2 Posts)
TrafficJunkie Fri 20-May-16 14:53:18

My 7 year old (possibly got ADHD if relevant) keeps soiling himself. It happens almost every day, sometimes more than once - and anywhere. School, home, out and about.

It's been for the past 6-8 months. Doctor thought it was a phase he'd grow out of. School think he's just not paying attention.
I think the same as the school - but with a little added laziness.

I'm not sure how to approach this. Sometimes I think it happens when he farts and he doesn't realise. But he's becoming reluctant to sort himself out. As in he won't change. At school I have given him a little pack containing baby wipes, spare pants, and a freezer bag that seals so he can clean himself up and doesn't need to tell a grown up. But he never uses it.
Other kids obviously notice the smell and tease him.
At home, I have to ask him to go and change. Otherwise he sits around everywhere and leaves a smell on everything.

could it be an intolerance to some kind of food, and its hard for him to hold it in due to that?

I'd say his poo is on the soft side of normal but nothing that concerns me, and I've got a gluten intolerance myself so I know "bad poo".

fruitpastille Fri 20-May-16 14:59:24

If he is constipated then soft stuff can leak around the blockage. He may need moviciol over quite a long time if that's the case. Have a look at the ERIC website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now