Talk

Advanced search

Pre-school vaccinations.

(4 Posts)
imwithspud Fri 20-May-16 14:14:03

Dd1 (3.5) had hers on Tuesday and since then has been running a fever which we've been managing with ibuprofen and paracetamol, she has also been sick 3 times over the past few days which I think is caused by the fever as its been in the morning before we've had chance to give her any medicine - based on what I've read on the NHS website this seems to be relatively normal with this set of injections. We've kept her off pre-school since Tuesday although once the medicine has kicked in and her temp comes down she seems fine in herself and is eating and drinking but we are having to give her regular doses (as per the instructions on the bottle) as once it wears off she becomes feverish again.

She never really reacted to any of her other vaccinations so this is all new to us. Just wondering how other people's dc reacted to their pre-school injections and how long I can expect symptoms to last, at what point does it become a concern?

TooMuchCheesecake Fri 20-May-16 14:22:03

Following this. DS is due to have his jabs Tuesday next week and we go on holiday Friday so wondering now if I should rearrange the appointment.
I've not heard of illness after having the jabs so can't help you sorry! Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some advice soon!

Naty1 Fri 20-May-16 17:40:27

I thought dd1 was having a reaction to mmr, but it was hand foot and mouth!
I thought with mmr the reaction was usually delayed.
Dd is often sick when her temp gets too high.
Had she had a cold etc before the vax?

imwithspud Fri 20-May-16 18:04:18

She does have a cold yes, I had it before her, it's quite a throaty cold. I must have passed it on. I'm sure that's not helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now