Talk

Advanced search

Newborn in sling/wrap - what to wear??

(4 Posts)
kiwifluff25 Wed 18-May-16 12:26:49

First baby due in August and we plan on having him in a wrap so we can be hands free in the house and move around, rather than having him in a bouncer/pram etc.

But that leaves me wondering what sort of ''outfits'' I need to buy as I guess the baby will get a lot of body warmth from me and DP. Vests? (long or short sleeve?) Short leg rompers? Full baby sleepsuit (and then which type? I've attached a photo of the two different 'types' I mean)?

Any ideas?

jessplussomeonenew Wed 18-May-16 13:54:09

In August probably just a vest, or just a nappy if very hot. Each layer of fabric over the baby basically counts as a piece of clothing. As it gets colder you obviously increase the layers but be careful with sleepsuits as they can get pulled up the legs, putting pressure on toes. For winter outings, be careful not to overdress - "baby legs" and a hat are great for keeping the bits outside the wrap cosy without layering up under the wrap too much.

kiwifluff25 Thu 19-May-16 08:25:07

Thanks!

ODog Thu 19-May-16 13:38:35

Just had my 3 day old out today in a stretchy wrap wearing a vest and sleepsuit. The wrap has three layers and we were both about right, although when the sun came out probably both a little bit warm. I live in the South easy and it's about 18-20 degrees today so probably similar to late August/early September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now