To change or not to change, that is the question

(7 Posts)
mallorcanmummy Wed 18-May-16 01:05:40

My 5 wo has had a few days of sleeping beautifully...around 9/10pm, then one feed between 3 and 4.30 then straight back down until 6.30-7.30. I always need to change him at that night feed. But I swear he holds his poos until then. I have been changing him before thee feed so that hhe is lovely and sleepy ready to go back down. That's the theory....reality is...I change him, feed him, he's lovely and sleepy,then he poos. Right in the middle of the feed. Doesn't squirm or give a signal, just does it. So I.have to change him again. And then he's awake again. I swear, if I feed him first and then change him, he doesn't poo, but he's still awake. If I change him first, he does.

So the question is, do I.change him before, during or after the feed?? What do other people do??
Thanks!

lalath Wed 18-May-16 01:22:53

I just change dd's nappy when she's pooed, regardless at what position by during the feed we are.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 18-May-16 01:31:22

Yup, just change him when he poos, whatever the pattern is now it will change.

mallorcanmummy Wed 18-May-16 12:27:18

Thank you

I do change him if he's pooed, regardless of whether it's before, during or after a feed. I was just wondering whether anyone had any 'system'. He's wet anyway - we use cloth nappies so even with a small wee he feels wet, so he definitely needs changing. I was just wondering whether it was just my DS being clever with his poos smile

5minutestobed Wed 18-May-16 12:31:27

Feed him bit leave a little bit then change him then feed him again, hopefully he will go back to sleep?

mallorcanmummy Wed 18-May-16 13:40:29

I'll try that tonight, thanks 5minutes

minipie Wed 18-May-16 14:24:21

Pooing mid feed is standard, the action of feeding stimulates pooing.

I did what 5 minutes suggests

They do eventually stop pooing so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now