Talk

Advanced search

First day back at work

(4 Posts)
AldrinJustice Sun 15-May-16 22:45:41

I'll be going back to work in a couple of months...any tips or advice to make the transition as smooth as possible for my then 10 month old? (First grandchild on both sides so is used to getting a lot of attention). And how did everyone feel leaving LO for 7-8 hours?

Ughnotagain Sun 15-May-16 22:56:38

I went back when DD was 6 months and found it tough at first. Be very very kind to yourself, it's a massive transition for the both of you. I found it tiring but also was relieved to have adult company and to be able to pee in peace!

Xmasbaby11 Sun 15-May-16 22:59:53

I went back when dd was 8 months and she was in nursery 9 hours a day. She loved it from day one which really helped. The first couple of weeks were immensely tiring. I found it easier than I'd thought, however after a month I did feel like I didn't know my dd as well as when I was on mat leave because 5 days a week I barely saw her. That was hard.

Hobbes8 Sun 15-May-16 23:23:13

I was in bits but my son was absolutely fine. I'm used to it now (children are 4 and 2) but I really really loved being off and missed them went I went back. Be kind to yourself and don't try and overcompensate - you need some time to yourself when you're not at work rather than spending every non working moment with your baby. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now