Talk

Advanced search

DS flat footed at 18mo.

(8 Posts)
NapQueen Sun 15-May-16 10:53:09

I noticed this when he was cruising and very first started walking but as he has only been walking since 15 mo (and only with no crawling at all in the last month), I figured a HV or doctor may want to wait till he has been walking confidently for a while.

Am I doing the right thing?

He has only in the last month got a pair of shoes, Clarks, so has been barefooted other than that since birth.

Is there anything I can do?

NapQueen Sun 15-May-16 20:43:48

Bump

gingerbreadmanm Sun 15-May-16 20:45:28

My dn is completely flat footed. She has been to the gp a few times about it and they wont do anything until she is five.

Not sure what they will do then if anything? Dm said she should get shoe inserts.

NapQueen Sun 15-May-16 20:48:43

Ahhhh ok so it isn't going to be one of those "you should have brought him in asap" things. I may just hang on till the next HV appointment. He doesn't seem to be affected by it - is incredibly mobile and a bit of a climber too.

gingerbreadmanm Sun 15-May-16 21:00:09

I'm not sure. Just passing on what happened with her as we were discussing it just today. It seems to make her very clumsy.

gingerbreadmanm Sun 15-May-16 21:03:15

Just had a quick nosey on the nhs page no real reason to worry or seek medical advice unless you think it is linked to anything else.

NapQueen Sun 15-May-16 21:05:17

He has a clear over pronation that the website lists but they seem to think the main issue with that is wearing out shoes quicker grin which at Clarks prices I agree!!

gingerbreadmanm Sun 15-May-16 21:07:51

With him only being young he may grow out of it. Probably why they wait if they do.

I know the gp told my db to only buy clarks shoes for dn not that they listened lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now