Talk

Advanced search

three year old birthday you

(27 Posts)
whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 08:04:00

Ok so I've probably put this post in the wrong place but hey ho...
My daughter turns three in a week and I have bought her nothing so far for a present. As in absolutely nothing.
I am absolutely stuck as to what to get her. Money is not a problem only what on earth to get her as I'm happy to buy big toys or small toys outdoors or indoors I just hate buying toys that get left at the side of the room. Can anyone suggest anything? Literally anything right now as I'm beginning to feel guilty.

Remembermyname Sat 14-May-16 08:10:37

Micro scooter or a bike/balance bike? My dd was 3 last week - play doh went down well, also someone got her a toy guitar

lovewatchingrainfall Sat 14-May-16 08:11:39

What does she like? We brought our DD who was 3 in March a rocking horse, dressing up clothes and stand, and a toy kitchen she loves them plus books and a trunki which is currently being used as a picnic basket but yesterday was a space ship. Failing that why don't you take her out to the toy shop or shopping and see what she likes

Itsabeautifuldaytosavelives Sat 14-May-16 08:23:27

My nephew got a toy kitchen for his 3rd birthday, the ikea one, and he loves it. He's also just got a sandpit for the garden and loved it.

Vaara Sat 14-May-16 08:32:57

DD loved her dolls house, but she also likes dressing up, bikes, scooters, play kitchen, any ride on toy, rocking horse, playmobil or play doh.

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 08:34:28

Thanks guys. She likes dolls, I thought maybe a dolls house but not sure if she's still too young to play with (not destroy) it.
She has a kitchen set. Spaceship sounds good. She has an outdoor water toy. Not a sandpit. Are sandpits messy ie is it easy to avoid sand leaving the sandpit and entering the house?! I am literally clueless. She seems to have so many toys I haven't bought any for forever but she's also growing out of a lot of them so I should probably get something... Trunki is a nice idea but not sure if I could handle her whizzing off on it on our travels.smile

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 08:36:46

Ps if you saw my daughter on a bike there's really plenty of time. She isn't amazing at it. I'm thinking I'll get away for at least another year on that one. She does have a scooter

icklekid Sat 14-May-16 08:37:39

Think she's old enough for a dolls house. My nearly 2 year old ds lives playing with them at friends houses and doesn't destroy them!

KatyN Sat 14-May-16 08:40:30

My son got a Wendy house for his third birthday. Fabulous fun. Sand try doesn't have to be messy just keep a lid on it so it doesn't get wet. Then the sand brushes off before you come in. We have one with two compartments so you can out water or gravel in one. Each year you may need to buy new sand but at less than a fiver it's not a problem
We also took my son to the theatre when he was three?? Maybe an outing or membership to a local attraction??
Does she enjoy cooking? New pinny and cutters??

BikeRunSki Sat 14-May-16 08:40:59

DD got a doll's house for her 3 birthday. She's 4.7 now and hasn't managed to destroy it yet.

insancerre Sat 14-May-16 08:43:10

Go and get an Argos book and let her tell you what she likes

CuntingDMjournos Sat 14-May-16 08:43:48

Happyland stuff? Their plastic dolls house was beloved by my kids for years. She's old enough. If you hate seeing toys unused my top tip is to ruthlessly rotate them, it's like getting a new toy down from the attic. My 9 and 6 yr old still play with things I've had since the eldest was 18 months when I bring them down from the attic.

I would fill the room with balloons and get a few little things wrapped up like books, clothes and some bits and bobs as that's most of the excitement to wake up and see that in the morning. Then maybe have a day out (peppa pig world? Thomas land? Legoland?) ?

Tamsynburton1 Sat 14-May-16 08:47:13

My DD is 3 next week and we got her an outdoor play house. It helped that she asked for it cause we wouldn't of had a clue! Have you asked her what she wants?

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 08:51:56

These are all good ideas. She is sitting eating breakfast in her Wendy house now. Good idea re Argos catalogue and picking something. I do like the idea of a dolls house. My daughter just says over and over I will be three on my birthday and I will have cake lol. No mention of presents even when I ask her. This weeks favourite Roy has been a big box from a recent garden furniture purchase... Should have held off until her birthday to give the box to her maybe hehe.

superwormissuperstrong Sat 14-May-16 08:57:59

Our little girl is getting an electric car - she loves her little tikes one but we're fed up of pushing her around the garden!
Loves octonauts so we've got the figure set which will turn up on the birthday cake.
A bigger my little pony (loves hair brushing and horses)
Sticker books and regular books
Our list for other family is guitar, add ons to her Thomas train set, art and drawing materials
Not currently into dolls/characters - but if that changes I hope at Christmas to start building up a set - maybe sylvanian families or barbie - would love for her to eventually have a dolls house (for me!!!)

Spottyladybird Sat 14-May-16 09:01:39

My DD is three in a few weeks and is getting a bike and some of the rose bud stuff from ELC. She loves her dolls house so thought we'd add to that b

MimsyBorogroves Sat 14-May-16 09:04:16

Duplo?

Ceilinglight Sat 14-May-16 09:07:38

Books

RueDeWakening Sat 14-May-16 09:10:11

DD got a trampoline for her 3rd birthday, she's 9 now and it's still well used.

DS2 will be getting some Paw Patrol tat when he's 3 (also next week), since he already has most of the big stuff that's been passed down from the older 2.

iemma321q Sat 14-May-16 09:15:05

Could you take her for a wander around a toy shop and just watch what she likes the look of?

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 09:23:42

Toy store is a good idea but my area has a really rubbish one. She has an electric car. My neighbour has super trampoline so we lift her over the fence usually to borrow ahem save us purchasing one. Maybe I'll try her on a bike again. Is it wrong just think she's got enough and should I even get this super duper toy that probably doesn't exist?! It's why I haven't got her anything so far as she seems to have so many things already but now it's getting closer to her actual day I feel a bit mean.

bec3105 Sat 14-May-16 09:29:44

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/colour-in-cardboard-fairy-playhouse/578508-1002?gclid=CJ6upv-S2cwCFWQq0wodPokKtA

Sgoinneal Sat 14-May-16 09:32:25

If you feel she's got plenty then the idea of adding to things she's already got and likes is good - for my ds it's new trains for his train set, bits of playmobil, that kind of thing.

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 11:23:18

That cardboard house link is cute and very different! Thanks. I have just seen my friend and she said a brio train set as you can keep adding to that and her son has a massive brio table and I think even I might enjoy a play with it. Thanks all I feel much better smile

whatissheuptonow Sat 14-May-16 11:24:46

That cardboard house link is cute and very different! Thanks. I have just seen my friend and she said a brio train set as you can keep adding to that and her son has a massive brio table and I think even I might enjoy a play with it. Thanks all I feel much better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now