Talk

Advanced search

Toddler back carrier for small grown up and child!

(7 Posts)
Ilovecrumpets Sat 14-May-16 06:18:56

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good toddler back carrier? We currently have an ergo but whilst that was fine-ish forward facing it (although never that comfy for me) isn't working for me as a back carrier and DS hates it as he is too low. I am 5'3, narrow but busty and my youngest DS is a small 17 month old who likes to look around!

Appreciate it is all down to the individual but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Was thinking of going for a structured carrier, something where DS is high enough up and that I could load him up in myself!

confusedandemployed Sat 14-May-16 06:24:31

Rose & Rebellion do a toddler specific toddler soft structure back carrier. DD is a large 3.3yo and she still goes in ours. I'm the only one who carries her and I'm 5'3".

I love our R&R, I can carry her on the flat for up to an hour, but of course she only needs a short time in it, if we're on a particularly long walk these days.

confusedandemployed Sat 14-May-16 06:25:51

Oh yeah and I'm pretty busty too! The chest strap sits way above norks and doesn't get in the way or squash them and make them look awful.

TiredOfSleep Sat 14-May-16 08:44:30

Try to find a sling library near you where you can try a few out. I've heard the toddler Tula get a lot of praise. I have a Kibi as its adjustable so suitable 4 months - 3 years.

Ilovecrumpets Sat 14-May-16 08:51:36

Thanks confused - yes the squashing is a definite problem with some carriers!

Oriunda Sat 14-May-16 08:57:52

I use a Lillebaby Carryon with my 4yr old. It's mesh so he doesn't sweat in hot weather. Also have a woven wrap and use a ruck carry with that.

Oriunda Sat 14-May-16 08:59:35

You can get them a lot higher using a woven - my son is literally right by my face so he loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now