places you shouldn't use a potty

(10 Posts)
cornishglos Thu 12-May-16 23:02:39

Are there circumstances in which you think a potty should not be used?
My friend says her child is potty trained, yet I have seen her use a potty in places that make me feel uncomfortable (church, a cafe...) What do you think?

Coldtoeswarmheart Thu 12-May-16 23:04:35

Places where food is served. <boak>

I used to take the potty in a bag and use it in the loos.

AgentProvocateur Thu 12-May-16 23:10:42

Anywhere outside your own home. It's a relatively new phenomena, taking a potty out (my DC are in their 20s now).

MintyBojingles Fri 13-May-16 04:07:50

Anywhere outside your home that's not a toilet. Like a church or cafe, unless used in the loos.

Lunar1 Fri 13-May-16 04:58:13

I never took one out training my 2 boys. It's revolting in public places. I guess the only time it would be OK is out for a walk.

FixItUpChappie Fri 13-May-16 05:05:47

interesting....I have never seen this in RL only heard about it on Mumsnet.

I can't imagine hauling a potty all over the place let alone using it at a cafe - just why?

lilacclery Fri 13-May-16 05:06:51

I would keep one in the car for my dc & use in car parks or on side of the road, places there is no alternative toilet. The alternative is them wetting themselves & where they are standing. Never in church or cafe etc those places have toilets!

SharingMichelle Fri 13-May-16 05:08:44

I never used a potty except on long car journeys. At home they used the loo. Out and about they used the loo in the cafe / supermarket / wherever.

Honestly, i think if they can't hold on while you get them to the nearest loo they're not ready.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Fri 13-May-16 05:17:49

If they use it in a shop, cafe etc, what do you do with he pee/ poop? Surely you only use it in a loo so the pee or poop can be immediately tipped down toilet?

cornishglos Fri 13-May-16 08:01:34

She uses one with a plastic bag and puts it in the bin. I agree that if the little girl can't wait to go to the nearest toilet then she's not really potty trained. I dread going out with them now as I find it so embarrassing if she uses it in any of the places mentioned above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now