Talk

Advanced search

Best sling

(12 Posts)
kiki22 Thu 12-May-16 21:29:06

Requirements are good support as I have a hip problem, preferably grow with baby and can fit me 5" 2 and DP 6" 2. Will be used mostly for letting me do things with ds1 without needing to run between him and a pram when out and about also for quick walks round to the local shops save me bringing the pram downstairs.

Hit me with it grin

squizita Fri 13-May-16 12:48:43

I found a SSC was good with my bad lower back and hip because the waist 'supports'.

We went with a connecta - you might need a petite depending on your size (I'm size 8) but for size 10 up and men a standard is fine.

Other brands I considered for the back support were ergo, lennie lamb and boba.

Hopelass Fri 13-May-16 12:57:58

I'm looking at getting a sling when DC2 arrives in October. I'm considering the connecta but also the close caboo for the newborn stage. I've done a little research and these two seem very popular.

lalath Fri 13-May-16 14:21:47

I tried most of them with DS, and found the Manduca (an SSC) to be the best in terms of being comfortable to wear for both me and DS. DH loved it, too. It's fantastically well engineered.

Agree that the close caboo is great for the newborn stage. DD is 12 weeks, and somehow doesn't sit right in the Manduca yet - I think it comes into its own when the baby is around 6 or 7 months, although DS loved it from the start.

The close caboo was great for DD until she was about 2 months - although it is supposed to accommodate babies up to 14.5 kg, I found that it had a bit too much give in it by about 2 months.

We are currently using an Oscha ring sling for DD, which I like, but still can't wait for her to start being happier in the Manduca.

keely79 Fri 13-May-16 14:29:08

Ergo sport worked well for us - though I'm a bit taller. Depends on DH's build. The support is great on Ergos though - round your waist like it should be. We had a wrapsody cloth sling for newborn stage - though DH found it a bit hot to wear.

squizita Fri 13-May-16 15:39:54

I had a caboo and it wasn't great on my back, personally - even with a tiny baby.

In future I'd go for a SSC with an insert, and/or a ring sling.

Bishybishybarnabee Fri 13-May-16 18:49:09

I tried a lot and my favourite by far is a Rose and Rebellion one. DS was prem and so we used a caboo for the first few months but once he was big enough it was the R&R one. Still carry him in it now at nearly 14 months (mostly on my back now) and it's still really comfortable, think we will be using it for a good while yet.

savasanaaa Fri 13-May-16 18:50:54

I loved our ergo, adjusted quickly to suit both me & DP (similar heights to you), easy for quick up/downs, nice big zippy pocket. Now got a toddler tula which I also love. Connecta v similar I think.

AntiHop Fri 13-May-16 21:09:54

I used my beco Gemini every day until about 14 months. We rarely used a pram. Very comfy and very easy to adjust.

Hughpughbarneymagrew Fri 13-May-16 21:31:34

I've got a connecta, an ergo, a woven wrap and a baby Bjorn.
I've also had a good go with a didytai and a moby aria.

The connecta wins hands down as most comfortable for me and DS. There is a bit of a knack to putting it on though, which it took me a while to get to grips with.

NickyEds Fri 13-May-16 21:45:56

I loved my Caboo with dd and we used it until she was around 4/5 months but she is a 9th centile tiddler. I miss being able to walk along and kiss her little head <soppy broody mare>. Then we got a Connecta which is comfy for me but dd hates it.

randomsabreuse Fri 13-May-16 21:54:52

Manduca is great for me and DH. Like a posh rucksack. Less good for quick ins and outs around the house though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now