First birthday ideas ?

(8 Posts)
Katieemilyxo Thu 12-May-16 14:05:57

My son will be 1 soon and I can't think on what I could do for his first birthday, has anyone got any ideas I dont want to go to over the top x

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Thu 12-May-16 14:08:32

He won't remember it, he wont know its happening, so maybe just have a nice day out at the zoo/park/beach etc. Just enjoy the day for yourselves is my advice.

Katieemilyxo Thu 12-May-16 14:45:30

Sounds like a lovely idea thank you,smile

squizita Thu 12-May-16 15:28:23

We had a family and friends buffet lunch - nothing fancy. Sat around and had a chat. Not a 'party' as such.

We did a nice big cake. I put Frozen on for older children and gave popcorn.

FattyNinjaOwl Thu 12-May-16 15:36:45

My youngest will be one at the beginning of August. I'm going to do a little tea party/picnic (couple of sandwiches, a bag of crisps each and some chocolate) thing for him and his brother and sister and my mum.and youngest brother, with cake. And I'm taking them to a farm for the day.

DeadGood Fri 13-May-16 09:05:44

We had a party that was aimed at the enjoyment of ourselves and our friends. Lots of other babies there, but it was a grown-up food, grown-up cake and prosecco sort of event. We never had a christening or a wedding so took this as an opportunity to have a celebration.
Plenty of time for children's parties with children's games and food when they are older. First birthday should be an acknowledgement of making it through the first year, imo! The baby will have just as much fun no matter what you do.

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Fri 13-May-16 11:03:26

I think first birthday parties are really for the parents. "Whew didn't we do well! Come have a drink with us and celebrate."

imwithspud Fri 13-May-16 15:39:39

It's my dd2'a birthday in 2 weeks and we are just having a family get together at home. She won't remember it of course but it will be nice to get everyone together to celebrate.

May or may not go on a trip to the sea life centre or similar around the time of her birthday like we did with dd1 but we'll see.

There's no need to go completely over the top though, plenty of time for that when they're old enough to remember it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now