Talk

Advanced search

3 Inciddent forms in 2 days!

(2 Posts)
CraigN24 Wed 11-May-16 18:19:12

My son is 7 years old and has Autism and a range of other needs and roughly works at about 18-24 months and is non verbal . He goes to his tutor for a few hours every day and for the past two days I have had Inciddent forms waiting for me to sign...

The first one was Yesterday when another child scratched my sons face because apparently my son snatched a toy off of him and Today we had two because my son again snatched another toy and the final one was when my son tried to sit on another child's lap... Both times both children hit him around the face.

I know my son shouldn't snatch but he simply doesn't understand and doesn't have the language to communicate with his peers, however surely his tutor should be working with all the children to help them understand my little man and support my son in sharing?

I am getting fed up with signing these forms and my son getting hurt but I know at the same time it's my sons actions that lead to this :/

KatyN Wed 11-May-16 21:58:38

No words of wisdom but my son goes through phases of accident forms at nursery. Some weeks it seems like there is one every day and then nothing for a month or so.
I guess it depends on the ratio of children to adults as to whether they can step in in time to prevent an injury.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now