Grumpy and nightmares...? Linked?

(3 Posts)
squizita Wed 11-May-16 11:22:28

My 20 month old has had about 5 days of poor nights. She wakes up really distressed and needs lots of comfort - asks for 'bubboo' (boob) which she hasn't for a while and needs a dummy/bottle if DH does the wake up. It's almost like bad dreams as she whimpers and turns before waking.

She's also been quite 'terrible twos' in her behaviour recently. It seems to coincide. Her latest is a tantrum with a run-up and slide: quite impressive to say the least on our shiny hall floor (!!) the poor thing is obviously having some big feelings and finding her mind.

Do you reckon this is linked? Oh dear, has the tantrum stage started a bit earlier than I hoped? Or is she just a bit tired and I've actually got a few months grace... is what I guess I'm asking. grin

KatyN Wed 11-May-16 21:56:15

I would guess she is behaving worse during the day because she is tired from the night. There isn't much you can do to help her sleep at night if she is having dreams but maybe increase her naps during the day??
Bless her

squizita Wed 11-May-16 21:58:48

It might be teeth ... she has a gum bump and said "hur mouf" at me today (hurt mouth). sad bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now