Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to dunk my sons burning feet in someone else's paddling pool?

(25 Posts)
Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:04:34

I need some views on this one because it's riled me...

I was on a CRAMMED beach with my DS who's 5 and he steps on a burning coal which some thoughtful day tripper had clearly dumped out of a bbq. It all happened very quickly... I trod on it, realised, tried to stop DS in time and failed. We were far from the sea and there were THOUSANDS of people to navigate anyway. We were, however, right next to a paddling pool with water in it. At the same time as I dunked DS into the pool I looked at the mother smiling apologetically and asked her if she minded... A bit late for her to stop me admittedly but WHO WOULD MIND? She would. Furious. Told me it was her paddling pool. For her baby (who was eating sand a meter away). The paddling pool was my pristine... Had sand all over the bottom. It honestly didn't occur to me that there is anyone, let alone a fellow mother, who would object. I must shake it off and go to my happy place... "Get your own water" she said. Speechless.

YouSay Mon 09-May-16 11:05:50

Yanbu. If it was my paddling pool I would have been happy to help.

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:06:01

*not pristine

NannawifeofBaldr Mon 09-May-16 11:07:19

Goodness.

Did she definitely understand that you were treating a burn?

Gizlotsmum Mon 09-May-16 11:07:57

Did she see what had happened? Did you explain? I would be a bit miffed if I didn't know about the hot coal bit

originalusernamefail Mon 09-May-16 11:07:58

YANBU shockyou must have been unlucky enough to find the only daft cow in the world who WOULD mind!

NoahVale Mon 09-May-16 11:08:45

did you tell he he had burnt his foot on hot coal?

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:09:48

Yes Gizlot, she new. I piloted explained the dilemma I had... To which she informed that it wasn't her problem

RaeSkywalker Mon 09-May-16 11:10:08

Did you explain why?

She's being VU if she knew your child had a burn and still behaved like that.

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:10:39

Plus also, it happened right under her nose and DS was clearly in distress

RaeSkywalker Mon 09-May-16 11:10:42

Sorry, cross posted with you. She was horrible. Hope your DS is ok now.

Ringadingdingdong22 Mon 09-May-16 11:11:34

If she was aware of the situation then she's a complete cow. However if she was unaware and thought you were just washing off your DS sandy feet then I can see she'd be a bit annoyed.

LizzieMacQueen Mon 09-May-16 11:12:33

Jeez that is crap. This is the UK? Good weather brings out the worst in people.

Hope your son is okay. FWIW I would have offered to re-fill her baby's paddling pool as she was making such a song and dance about it.

Ringadingdingdong22 Mon 09-May-16 11:12:33

I cross posted.

In that case she was extremely unreasonable. I can't understand people like that. How very odd.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 09-May-16 11:13:58

Why take a paddling pool to the beach <misses point of thread>

Mmm, yeah she was a total unreasonable cow!

NeedACleverNN Mon 09-May-16 11:14:00

Yanbu!

Your poor ds. Is he ok?

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:14:54

Ha! I'm just picturing someone giving their DC's feet a quick rinse in someone else's paddling pool... Now that WBU

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Mon 09-May-16 11:15:46

YANBU.

That woman is a dick.

Quietattheback Mon 09-May-16 11:16:16

Some people are heartless, selfish shit bags. Be glad you're you and not her and move on. Hope your DC is ok.

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:16:22

I'm glad she brought the paddling pool... It literally meant the burn was sorted within seconds... I was NOT sorry 😳

NoahVale Mon 09-May-16 11:18:45

perhaps you Should have asked first
she sounds nasty though

Gizlotsmum Mon 09-May-16 11:27:29

Then she was unreasonable. I may not have noticed it ( tend to zone out other kids to check mine are behaving) but as you explained she is just being a cow

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Mon 09-May-16 11:29:09

I'm sure she would have felt different had her baby crawled over the coals.

Whoever had the disposable barbecue on a busy beach was a dick, too, btw.

NeedACleverNN Mon 09-May-16 11:33:46

Did you report the bbq?

It needs clamping down and harsher penaltys.

Too many people cover up their disposable bbqs and leave them on the beach and think it's acceptable.

It's not

Whatamess76 Mon 09-May-16 11:54:13

There were so many bbqs on that beach... Right under signs saying 'no bbqs'... With that many people on a beach I am sure there will have been more incidents. I've been loads to that beach and others near London and I have never seen any so crowded. I think people people (including me... Ahem) got over excited by a glimpse of sun.
You couldn't move... People smoking right next to us and big dogs... #shouldhavegonetolocalpark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now