Cows milk allergy

(6 Posts)
Timetogrowup2016 Sat 07-May-16 21:52:21

I have a 11 week old dd.
Symptoms are constant screaming and crying (around seven hours total today)
Rock hard tummy
Blocked nose and stuffy nose since four weeks old.
Bad wind ( infacol and gripe water did not work At all )
Bad projectivle style vomiting (though gaviscon has stopped this)
Inability to stay asleep for more than ten minutes unless in a car seat or swinging chair
What do people think

robynfbmac Sat 07-May-16 22:21:59

You could maybe ask your doctor to do an allergy test to confirm it. If your baby is breastfed, try cutting dairy out your diet and see if you notice a difference.

My daughter has a cows milk protein allergy too. I have shared my story on my Youtube channel today actually if you would rather listen than me type it all :p

I hope you figure out the cause of your baby discomfort, and if it is a cmpa luckily there are ways to help the baby! smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iZh2i57B4

Mummyme87 Sun 08-May-16 16:51:45

What a stools like?

My son had mucus poo and grumbly tummy, and would scream throughout the night and never sleep longer than 45mins ever. It was an intolerance which got better on a hypoallergenic milk. Trying to get a doctor to agree with me was a nightmare.. Took almost 5months

Florentina27 Sun 08-May-16 23:13:04

My DD has milk protein allergy, she was very uncomfortable at night, she would only sleep on my knees or on top of me. She also had green poos for about 2 months when newborn, she didn't cry a lot though. She has eczema as well.
I have seen a dietician with 4 more parents being in si.ilar situations and symptoms differ from baby to baby. Some of the babies experienced o lot of sickness or diarrhea, and all 5, including my DD had some degree of eczema , one of them actually had more of a baby acnee.

Unfortunately GP don't take you very seriously as a first time parent and they naver gave me any referrals to allergy tests, dermatologist etc, they only gave us steroids and moisturizer for her eczema. We ended up in hospital in the end due to did having an anaphylactic episode and we're still waiting for allergy tests to see of she has other allergies, we suspect fish and she had a mild delayed eczema from eggs.
I would definitely ask to have an allergy test as your LO doesn't respond to anything. It is hard for them to diagnose as the symptoms ar similar with colic, silent reflux etc. Good luck! X

Mummyme87 Mon 09-May-16 11:49:44

We didn't see an allergist until DS was 14months old, by which point I had lightly introduced dairy back in to his diet

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 11-May-16 16:39:06

That must be so hard, how are things now? Have a read of this and see what you think thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now