Talk

Advanced search

6.5 baby girl crying when put down!

(8 Posts)
kutilputil Thu 05-May-16 19:35:12

Hi its been years since I've been on mumsnet and so much has changed here so please bear with me. I'm sure this has been asked many times but I have lost the patience to navigate through chats to get an answer. I've also asked my doc and I've been told to speak with health visitors and children's centres and I've been there with the last child I had and had absolutely no luck with them.
My lil girl is 6 months and she's been crying non stop! From the moment she's awake she cries till I pick her up. When I pick her up she's happy as Larry! Bit I can't leave her for a bit even to get tea or go to the loo. Sometimes I can't even sit her beside me I have to carry her. She's breastfed and even filling her up with milk doesn't help! If we go out she's fine for ages. It's when we come home she's unhappy and I cannot get any cooking or cleaning done and I mean just the basics! And when she naps it's for minutes to maximum 30 mind then she's awake again. At night she's also up many times for a feed. I'm going a bit insane here as it's driving me pots. Any advice therefore will be much appreciated.

knittingbee Thu 05-May-16 20:48:46

Put her in a sling so you can get stuff done with your hands free. No easy fix I'm afraid, this is something they just grow out of... Eventually.

cathpip Thu 05-May-16 20:53:56

Dc4 is very much the same, he has made it his mission in life to be permanantly held! It does get better, he's nearly 9 months old now and will quite happily whizz around in his baby walker or play with toys on the floor for a period of time.

LisaRinnasLips Thu 05-May-16 20:58:22

She may be teething so extra clingy?

My dd is 4 months and can be put down for little moments but likes being carried a lot - it's very draining I know. Agree put sling on to cook and clean

clarella Thu 05-May-16 21:00:12

Is it possible she has a mild intolerance that's making her gripey and clingy?

clarella Thu 05-May-16 21:06:31

Having said that I had a cling on who is still often clingy in the house (breastfed too) - he was always wanting me to help him and would get frustrated constantly till he mastered something. then moved in to the next thing-

Lots worse when poorly.

I do feel he's only really become truly content since he's turned 3.5. Still wants a constant play companion though, if he could.

I do think we might have had mild intolerance / reflux issues though affecting nights. He'd only really sleep upright on a pillow (v bad I know but I was desperate) and v giddy over food. I didn't try reducing anything though; I decided it was mildly mechanical reflux and it definitely got better when he was more upright, crawling and walking, as the GP said he would. (All the inner a get stretched down). So in that respect a sling can be ace, esp on your back.

clarella Thu 05-May-16 21:07:08

*fussy

kutilputil Mon 06-Jun-16 13:48:43

hi thank you all. sorry been a while since i posted and just have not had a chance to look back! slings are difficult for me as its awkward to carry and do work especially cook when she is touching everything! I just feel she is a very social person she wants everyone around her much like her mummy...lol but i hope it'll get better soon. Been to the docs and gonna have her hearing checked out etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now