Talk

Advanced search

9 Week Old Suddenly Not Taking As Much Bottle At Each Feed?

(1 Post)
SapphireLewis Thu 05-May-16 07:57:50

Hello smile

My son turned 9 weeks old today but the last few days I have seen a massive downturn in his feeding habits.

He is a big boy and we've never really had any problems with his feeding before except when he had a bit of a cold a week ago.

He was born 9lbs 1oz and by his 6 week check he was 13lbs 4oz and following the 91st percentile which the HV was happy with. For the past 2-3 weeks he has been taking 5-6 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day and sleeping around 6-7 hours at night time.

In the last week or so feeding was taking a very long time, sometimes up to around an hour so we moved him up to size 2 teats but since then (or maybe it's just a coincidence) he seems to only want half his feed and it is a struggle to get him to take any more. This morning after sleeping 8 hours last night he would only take 3 ounces and then I tried to wind him, no success. He took another ounce then I tried winding him again, an almighty burp and he threw up. It just seems such a struggle this week?

Is this a stage does anyone know? Or could this be him adjusting to the tests or the post effect of his cold?

Any advice appreciated, thank you! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now