Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I think my 2 year old is missing some teeth

(9 Posts)
craftyoldhen Sun 01-May-16 09:01:50

He still doesn't have any teeth next to the 2 front bottom ones. I think they're called lateral incisors.

He has 8 teeth at the top which is right for his age.

And 6 at the bottom - 2 front, 2 canine and 2 molars. But no incisors. They're supposed to come through between 10-16 months according to the Internet.

He is now 2 years 3 months old and there's no sign of them.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is there anything I can or should do?

He still looks very babyish because when he smiles it looks like he only has 2 bottom teeth!

NickNacks Sun 01-May-16 09:02:34

What has your dentist said?

craftyoldhen Sun 01-May-16 09:05:13

He went to the dentist is January and she has a very brief look as he wasn't exactly cooperative! She just said everything looked ok, but I don't think DH asked specifically about the missing teeth (I wasn't there).

Cakescakescakes Sun 01-May-16 09:08:57

Ds2 is 2 and 4 months and his bottom incisors have just popped through. All his teeth came in the wrong order. He still has his back molars to get.

craftyoldhen Sun 01-May-16 09:14:44

Yes DS still has his 2nd molars to get too. His canines have only just come through so he is a bit slow getting his teeth in general.

I hope they do come through eventually, but just wondered if there's some sort of cut off point where you should be concerned and do actually something...

bebo100 Sun 01-May-16 09:58:21

Does he seem to have toothache?
If not I'd wait a couple of months then go back to the dentist as they'll be able to X-ray and just check they're not causing any problems under the gums.
Mine refused to open his mouth first trip to the dentist at just under 2.
The next time we tried 6 months later, we watched the Topsy and tim dentist episode and the Peppa pig dentist episode first and he happily opened his mouth.

CodyKing Sun 01-May-16 10:04:16

My DS was the same - took a long time to fill in the gaps - they did appear eventually!!!

He's nearly 12 and only lost 5 baby teeth -

craftyoldhen Sun 01-May-16 23:00:19

No he doesn't seem to have toothache. I think I'll give it until he's 2.6 and then I'll ask the dentist.
Thanks for the tip re: peppa dentist episode I'll have to see if I can find that somewhere to get him prepared for next time.

craftyoldhen Sun 01-May-16 23:08:05

Also my DH is missing his top adult incisors, but had all his baby ones according to his baby book grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now