formula change

(7 Posts)
rachlouhart Sat 30-Apr-16 15:02:57

hi all after a bit of advice dd2 is 5 months she is combination breast and bottle fed, due to a infection left me with low milk supply, anyway ... dd2 has been on a certain brand of milk from birth shes never fully got on with it, always seems to not like the taste even, happen to run out of that milk and had a sample of another brand i got from hospial, wolfed that down, i know the ingredients of most infant formula are roughly the same, so just wondering if its safe to switch brands? she seems so much more content on this one and happy on it than other. (dd2 is 20 weeks)

misstweedyweedy Sat 30-Apr-16 16:33:19

As far as I know you are fine to switch over. I briefly used formula at the start (ds also 20 weeks) and was told I think by HV that it is fine as they are broadly similar. (All the standard ones anyway, not sure about others).

rachlouhart Sat 30-Apr-16 17:05:15

thankyou! shes been on two different types already which is why im concerned shes normally on hipp, but was put on a prescription milk for 4 weeks at 6 weeks old for reflux, shes back on hipp since 10 weeks, but shes not been fussed by hipp from the start. tried her with the new aptamil profutura (has egg in im sure) and for the first time in months took it like a dream!

bebo100 Sat 30-Apr-16 19:27:54

I don't think there is any problem with switching brands. I've never seen anything which says you shouldn't.
I think a lot of mums don't like to simply in case the baby doesn't like it and they waste a whole tin of formula. DS1 and DS2 both tried a few brands

rachlouhart Sat 30-Apr-16 19:33:31

thanks, heard can cause tummy upsets.

Caterina99 Sun 01-May-16 01:06:27

I had to change DS for a month as we were travelling to UK (live in US) to visit family and it would be ridiculous to bring a months supply of formula with me.

I just introduced it over a few days, so for his normal 6oz bottle he had 4oz old milk and 2oz new (in same bottle), then after a few feeds 2oz old and 4oz new etc. He was fine switching to it and then switching back again when we got home

BumWad Sun 01-May-16 10:13:01

I don't think there is a problem at all, go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now