Talk

Advanced search

Deodorant and breastfeeding?

(9 Posts)
Maurice169 Thu 28-Apr-16 08:00:44

Hi
I've heard it's not advised to use deodorant while breastfeeding because of the aluminium in it. I can't find a brand without aluminium in my local chemist/supermarket.
I need to use something though, any advice? Thank you!

ParsleyTheLion1 Thu 28-Apr-16 09:48:35

To be honest, I've never heard this (or come across any friends who haven't used regular deo while breastfeeding), but can you not order online?

NickyEds Thu 28-Apr-16 10:41:07

Never heard of this. Bf both of mine and just carried on using normal deodorant.

Daisyandbabies Thu 28-Apr-16 11:15:42

I use pitrok, all natural and absolutely brilliant x

ODog Thu 28-Apr-16 14:29:56

Never heard this and I used normal deodorant. I used unscented though. Although I have sensitive pits so generally use unscented anyway.

ParsleyTheLion1 Thu 28-Apr-16 15:04:41

The one thing I didn't like re. bf and deodorant was in summer or when I was just wearing strappy top at night/morning, and baby happened to stuck one arm and hand in my pit while feeding...

Onsera3 Thu 28-Apr-16 15:07:18

I mix coconut oil, bicarbonate soda, cornflour and few drops of tea tree and lavender. I just apply with finger tips.

Apparently the Dr Organic one at Holand and Barrett is good.

skankingpiglet Thu 28-Apr-16 17:14:08

There is some evidence to suggest it might not be great for anyone to use deodorant with aluminium in it whether breastfeeding or not. I've put it in the category of 'not worth the risk' as it's easy enough to just avoid.

I've tried a few different things as an alternative but at the moment I'm using Pitrok, with the addition of deodorant powder from Lush when getting sweaty or it's hot. So far so unstinky smile

Maurice169 Thu 28-Apr-16 19:36:36

Thanks, I'll order some Pitrok. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now