Parent of two youngsters and just tired all the time

(4 Posts)
NapQueen Tue 26-Apr-16 08:40:33

They are 18mo and 4yo. I work 4 shifts a week (any days as early as 7am and can finish as late as 11pm).

Obviously a big contributor to my tiredness is my shiftwork but I can even find the time or energy to look for another job.

If im at home ive got the two dcs under my feet, housework to do etc. Then I go to work and obviously cant job hunt there. Then home and bed asap as the kids are up at 6am.

Dh is excellent and does masses of stuff with the kids and loads around the house. Im not doing more than my fair share.

The ideal would be to get some regular hours daytime and stop working weekends and evenings etc but then if I do this I get a lot less time with the kids. Maybe an hour a day weekdays?

I dont really know what I want from this thread; maybe just reassurance that this age kids and working is hard work. I feel like I should keep the shiftwork as it allows me to spend lots of time with the kids, but equally its contributing (causing?) to the tiredness and lack of drive.

Who has more than one kid eh??

NapQueen Tue 26-Apr-16 11:33:18

albertcampionscat Tue 26-Apr-16 12:21:44

That sounds like unbelievably hard work.

NapQueen Tue 26-Apr-16 13:07:08

Thanks grin

Am very hopeful that once they grow a bit I can have some free time to job hunt and apply. In a bit of a fog at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now