weaning

(3 Posts)
mummycz Mon 25-Apr-16 13:55:11

Hi, I have 6 1/2 month old dd and a 2 year old ds. When I weaned my ds he loved his food and was relatively easy to introduce to food, would try anything and ate a decent amount. However, my dd just isn't interested. I've been spoon feeding her bits to introduce her to flavours (which I did with my ds) but I also put bits on her tray of whatever we are eating for her to try but she won't put anything in her mouth. When she's playing everything goes into her mouth but as soon as food is involved it goes nowhere near her mouth. I don't understand it. Is this a sign that she isn't ready and I should just keep putting it on her tray and eventually she will eat something or does she not know what to do? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do as this never happened with my ds. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you x

Pixienott0005 Mon 25-Apr-16 15:03:42

Have you tried dropping a couple of ounces off each bottle she has to overall decrease the amount of milk she's having a day? That may urge more of an appetite from her and she may be more inclined to try some food. I'd buy some vitamins from boots to stick in her milk if she wouldn't be getting the recommended amount, but this could be a starting point?

What time of day are you trying her on food? Would it be best to try her at a point where she's more hungry, if you know when that might be? Even if it's breakfast time you could still try her on lunch time stuff, she wouldn't have a clue anyway.

Some babies aren't ready for finger foods until much later no matter how much you stick in front of them, some are t interested. Maybe just stick with the spoon feeding for now, get her used to having food that way whilst she's still really getting used to food as a whole.

mummycz Mon 25-Apr-16 15:07:30

Thank you for your reply.
I did think that maybe she wasn't hungry but if I spoon feed her she eats loads she just has no interest in feeding herself. Think I'm just worrying about it more because my son couldn't eat his food quick enough haha! Dd is the complete opposite to ds. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now