Talk

Advanced search

reception age extra curricular clubs

(5 Posts)
ilovesthediff Sat 23-Apr-16 12:11:25

Just wondered - how much is too much? My son starts reception in Sep and has bags of energy. But he does get tired after a half day in nursery now. There seems so much choice but I don't want to over schedule. Wondered how people had found navigating this one? He'll keep up with swimming and tennis.

idontlikealdi Sat 23-Apr-16 13:59:24

DTs do dance after school on a Monday and swimming on a Saturday and really couldn't cope with anything else. But they are late August birthdays if that makes a difference.

Don't underestimate how tired school makes them, the first term was particularly horrendous.

Dellarobia Sat 23-Apr-16 14:05:10

My DS2 is in year 1 now, but last year he did gym and tennis, plus swimming on Sat am.

Also after school club once a week.

MiaowTheCat Sat 23-Apr-16 17:00:06

Mine do dance and gymnastics on a Saturday and I'm about to pick up a second dance session for the middle of the week. On the waiting list for swimming which I consider to be essential when both sets of grandparents live next to rivers.

ilovesthediff Sat 23-Apr-16 17:13:24

Cool, thanks. I was wondering whether to restrict anything to weekends aside from maybe one thing in the week. Also have a one year old so hitting rush hour after a club would be hellish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now