Talk

Advanced search

Keeping toddler entertained when heavily pregnant

(7 Posts)
Alb1 Wed 20-Apr-16 20:17:50

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and DS is 19months old and full of beans, which is lovely but I'm huge and very sore, can't walk far or bend much etc. just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and what they did to help keep the toddler entertained? It's lovely weather at the minute so sitting inside playing and reading all day just doesn't seem right!

RicStar Wed 20-Apr-16 20:22:02

Do you have a garden / outside space? My ds likes washing up bowl of baby bsth bubbles and lots of things to wash up. Also gardening which is mostly digging mud. He also loves a sticker. He will happily sit with a sticker book and move the stickers around until they are all not sticky. Also peg puzzles. Books and tv. Good luck.

VashtaNerada Wed 20-Apr-16 20:25:24

Ah yes I remember that phase! I invented games I could lie down for, like she would pretend to be a doctor and I was her patient.

GrouchyKiwi Wed 20-Apr-16 20:36:32

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with DC3, and my two are 20 months and 4 years.

Today was beautifully sunny. I sat outside while they ran around chasing a ball I threw to them, and then I set them up with cups of water and paintbrushes so they could "paint" the path.

After that they watched Dora the annoying explorer while I slept on the sofa.

When I was pregnant with DD2 I mostly let DD1 watch endless episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine on DVD so I could sleep. I was utterly exhausted during that pregnancy. I think I'm a bit less tired this time, but TV helps a lot.

What about setting up an obstacle course of small things for him to run around/jump over and let him race himself?

ODog Wed 20-Apr-16 21:01:19

I'm 37 weeks with an almost 2yo. We get out to toddler groups or similar most mornings which tired him out so I get a rest while he has a nap. The afternoons tend to be spent at home. If I'm particularly tired we will do playdoh, painting, sticking etc so I can sit a bit. Cebeebies when desperate. Driving cars on mummy's tummy mountain is another good laying down game. To be honest I have felt ok though as long as I get a good rest while he naps.

MintyBojingles Sun 24-Apr-16 22:42:35

I'm only 23 weeks but with SPD and a 19 month old - good to see suggestions.

We bought a big slide for DD, that with a sand pit and little tiles car keep her entertained for ages in the garden.

Rainy days are where I struggle, it's a lot of drawing and puzzles and CBeebies at the moment! Really need to find some more ideas!

Peasandsweetcorn Sun 24-Apr-16 22:51:46

Bubbles...you sit & blow and DC chase them
"Fetch" ... they pretend to be a dog. You sit & throw a ball or a stick
Making potions... look through the cupboards & dig out all the random things with were best before 2 years ago & duplicate things of herbs etc. Give them a bowl & just let them get on with it
Races - make them run from A to B before you get to 10. Make them to C, jump up and down twice & come back before you get to 20 etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now