Talk

Advanced search

3 under 3.5yo...please tell me we will survive?!

(9 Posts)
Muddywellyboots Sun 17-Apr-16 18:40:01

Just found out I'm pg with no3. Already have a DS 2.8yo and a DD 8mo. Needless to say this pg wasn't planned confused!! I'm terrified! I've found it hard having two littlies and had bad PND. Things were just getting easier. Anyone else been through this?

livvylongpants Sun 17-Apr-16 18:45:55

Yes! pretty much exact age gaps. DD was 3y 3 months, DS 15 months when DD was born, also unplanned.

We survived! DD is 15 months now and its not always easy, DS has recently beeen diagnosed with autism so is quite hard to handle

My advice would be get a good double pushchair and a sling, something like a stretchy wrap, It kept my hands free for chasing the others..

Honestly it'll be fine, I'm 1 of 3 with the same age gap, we grew up very close

Muddywellyboots Sun 17-Apr-16 18:57:07

Thanks Liv that's reassuring to hear! It will be an identical age gap. I'm scared though!!!

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 17-Apr-16 19:00:34

We're 4.5 months in with dc3 - dc1 was 3.5 when dc3 was born. It's been bonkers but totally doable. I'm exhausted but there are some great Moments. However, our age gaps were the other way round (16 mths between dc1 and 2) so this age gap felt like a piece of piss compared to 16mths. Having a close age gap is tough, but you'll survive smile

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 17-Apr-16 19:01:45

I second a sling and double pushchair. Post lunch nap time also sacrosanct here. And get the older ones a kindle or equivalent to distract them in manic early feeding days

livvylongpants Sun 17-Apr-16 19:05:29

make sure your getting your 15 hours for you 3 year old,
nap when you can
accept help if your offered
get out - I know its daunting - but they honestly sleep better even if its a run round the block
friendly playgroups! we had a few we had frequented for a while and someone would always be happy to snuggle a baby so i could do something with the older ones.

Now they are getting older and the baby is more of a playmate we have some beautiful moments, we've even taken them abroad!

howcanikeepdoingthis Sun 17-Apr-16 19:07:04

We have 19 months between our eldest daughter and our twin girls so had 3 under 2 for a while. The twins are now 15 months and life is bonkers but brilliant. They are a little tribe who look after each other. I echo pp that a good double pushchair and sling has been a lifesaver. We went for a baby jogger city select and an ergo, both excellent. Congrats and good luck.

beepbeep Sun 17-Apr-16 19:08:22

our eldest was just under 3 when DC3 was born, they are now 9,7&6 - we've survived so far. IT's blooming hard work for a while but it does get easier. A double buggy and sling were my saviours - that was I knew where they all were! On the odd days they were asleep at the same time it was amazing!!! I would often go for drives just so I knew they were all strapped in and quiet for a while!

Take all the help you can get (I didn't have anyone around) and give yourself a break whenever you can.

dontaskdonttell Sun 17-Apr-16 19:13:21

I'm due dc3 any day now (get out baby!!!!!) and dc1 is 3.3 and dc2 is 19 months. Dc1 has just started 15 hours at nursery so goes 2.5 days a week and that will really help us, although we have the school runs added into the mix now too.

I'm nervous but excited too. I didn't struggle going from 1 to 2 so I'm hoping this will be similar. My dh is army and is away a lot which is the only thing that really worries me, the first time on my own with all 3.

you will be fine! It will be lovely in the long run to have them all close together (that's what I'm hoping!!)

Congratulations thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now