Talk

Advanced search

3mo refusing bottle to settle back to sleep

(3 Posts)
Ahappynewmummy Sun 17-Apr-16 03:22:19

but is happy to suck his thumb. I've been up 2 hours with him and this sounds horrible but thinking of leaving him to settle on his own even if he cries. I've tried everything. hope I'm not a bad mother for thinking of that.

Dixiechick17 Mon 18-Apr-16 22:18:12

at three months he's still so tiny, and won't understand if left to cry. Do you have a partner that can help to settle him? take some of the pressure off of you? my DD used to have some nights like this. Is he crying or just wide awake?

Daffodil90 Tue 19-Apr-16 06:55:25

I've found holding my 4mo in what I've dubbed 'sleeper hold' works for settling now. I hold her across my chest/stomach so her body is facing mine and her head rests in the crook of my arm. Couple that with a couple mins sucking a dummy and she's out like a light.
I think it's the closeness and warmth and because I'm holding her not tightly but tight enough she definately feels more secure.
She used to go to sleep upright on my chest resting her head on my shoulder but she's a bit big for that now.

Yours might have hit the 4 month regression a little early perhaps? We've just hit it in the last week and I'm getting pretty sleepy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now