Talk

Advanced search

Aptimil

(4 Posts)
KLG3101 Wed 13-Apr-16 07:00:43

Has anyone used the new Profutra rather than the regular Aptimil fist milk? I switched to the Profutra last week (DD is 9 weeks) as I thought it must be better - more expensive / fancy packaging and still pangs of guilt haunt me over BF. Since switching my DD has been so unsettled with a sore stomach and sick most feeds. She does suffer with reflux however it's been 10 times worse.

nightandthelight Wed 13-Apr-16 07:45:58

We use it but haven't experienced any of the problems you mention. She may still be adjusting but regular Aptamil is fine if you want to switch her back smile

Terrifiedandregretful Wed 13-Apr-16 10:30:27

More expensive and fancy packaging is entirely designed to get you to part with your hard earned cash to assuage your guilt for not BFing. If your dd is unhappy on it then switch back. In fact, switch to Cow and Gate which is £2 cheaper and made by the same company. As far as I can see the only reason Aptamil is more expensive is because it is marketed towards middle class mums who feel guilty for not BFing.

Pixienott0005 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:03:03

I don't see this product staying on the market for very long, it's such a con I think.

I used aptimiil normal, I know it is used at children's hospitals over other milk that's why I thought it'd be better. I've seen this one though and just rolled my eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now