Talk

Advanced search

am on verge of losing it

(10 Posts)
redwhiteandblueberry Sun 10-Apr-16 21:38:53

DD (17 months) wants to be held and is doing piercing screams, inconsolable crying and hyperventilating every time she gets put down. I am 39 weeks preg with terrible SPD and I just cannot hold her. I try and sit her on my lap but she refuses, she wants to be held, standing up.

I have already raised my voice at her "Stop it" which has resulted in even more inconsolable crying.

DH is away. No one else around. What shall I do?

gamerchick Sun 10-Apr-16 21:41:04

Is she in pain? I think I would do a dose of calpol and lie on the bed with her.

itsgoingtoofast Sun 10-Apr-16 21:42:28

Put her in her cot where she is safe and step out of the room for a few minutes to catch your breath. She will be ok, and it's ok for you to take a breather. It will pass and you will both be ok. Hugs to you, it's so tough

Stopmithering Sun 10-Apr-16 21:43:48

Are you uk op? If so, I presume she's normally asleep by now?
Is she unwell or just unsettled?
Calpol and get into bed with you?
Sounds like you both need a cuddle and some peace!

FATEdestiny Sun 10-Apr-16 21:46:30

Is she normally up past 9.30pm? Is she poorly?

To solve the immediate issue, put her in the cot and walk away for ten minutes to gather yourself.

Then get calpol, get her ready for bed and lie down with her

redwhiteandblueberry Sun 10-Apr-16 21:48:13

She's normally in bed at 7.30. I don't think she is ill, when I hold her and walk around, she is happy and laughing. Then straight back to screaming as soon as i put her down

MooseAndSquirrel Sun 10-Apr-16 21:50:01

Op you have my upmost sympathies - we've all been there and its grim, as pp have said, pop her in her cot for five and take a breather. Shell be easier to settle when your calm too flowers

itsgoingtoofast Sun 10-Apr-16 21:50:32

My DD behaved like that when she had sore ears. Not sure why! I think a dose of calpol would be perfectly reasonable just in case something is bothering her, especially if her behaviour is unusual. I hope she settles for you soon

gamerchick Sun 10-Apr-16 21:56:15

Yes popping them in the cot for five is a life saver. They're going to scream anyway so meh. They can't come to any harm there.

redwhiteandblueberry Sun 10-Apr-16 22:31:57

thank you. You just made me feel better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now