Talk

Advanced search

driving me up the wall

(4 Posts)
loubou123 Wed 06-Apr-16 15:37:16

My 2 girls (4 and 7) are driving me up the wall with the bed time routine. Does anyone have any tips that work?

We've played around with star charts but they soon loose interest. I may have to up the bribes! smile

uhoh2016 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:06:17

In what way do they play up? Do they share a room?

loubou123 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:24:09

All sorts! Not brushing teeth properly, getting into PJ's, settling down and getting into bed, turning the lights out.......

We've been looking at a couple of apps that are like star charts, might give them a try so the girls have something to motivate them. Or bribe with pocket money.....

uhoh2016 Wed 06-Apr-16 20:20:33

Honestly I would just ignore them and yes I know this is easier said than done! If you are engaging with them because they've not done something right then that's what they want.
If they're not undressed properly or brushed teeth then so be it. Just turn the light off and shut the door leave them to it. It will take all you're patience but once they realise there's no reaction from you they will give up. If they get up and turn the light on go and switch it off say every 10-15min without talking to them even if they're out of bed.
They are playing up for your attention albeit in the wrong way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now