Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for new walkers

(7 Posts)
winchester1 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:05:36

DD has been walking a little while and wants to walk when playing outside but its still snowy and cold here and I can't find anything to suit the job. She is a size 2 to 3 but I can't get boots that small to fit over here ankles, or actually get her foot into them as her feet are still baby 'club' shaped. Bigger boots just slip off, trainers just get soaked.

At the minute we use thicker plastic bags over several pairs of woolen socks and a snowsuit pulled down to protect the top of the foot/bag. This has been fine for crawling but I don't think will last for walking.

Is there another solution I'm missing?

minipie Tue 05-Apr-16 09:34:17

There are some booties made out of snowsuit material I've seen - hang on and I'll try to find them. They open up like a bag then have a toggle to tighten at the ankle iirc.

minipie Tue 05-Apr-16 09:36:59

stonz

Not cheap though!!

TeaBelle Tue 05-Apr-16 09:38:07

Size 3 wellies plus tights and socks? Primark and most supermarkets have wellies in a 3

minipie Tue 05-Apr-16 09:44:35

cheaper option

TheWordOfBagheera Tue 05-Apr-16 15:33:14

Normal shoes but with a little plastic bag over, kind of like you have been doing for crawlling?

winchester1 Tue 05-Apr-16 16:57:42

Thanks they look the ticket. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now