Talk

Advanced search

What foodstuff have you accidentally dropped on your baby?

(11 Posts)
Wizzles Sun 03-Apr-16 05:53:13

DD is 8 weeks old and so far (due to general clumsiness and failed attempts to mulit-task) I have dropped the following on her:
Water
Breadcrumbs (in toasted & non-toasted format)
Biscuit crumbs (various)
Cake (various)
A single baked bean
Chocolate
Cheese
Potato peelings
Smoked salmon
A prawn

The majority of these are from eating while BF, but the last 3 were all last night when I was making dinner with her in a sling.

Anyone else?

queenoftheboys Sun 03-Apr-16 05:58:51

Red wine blush

starpatch Sun 03-Apr-16 06:15:29

Curry
Toast crumbd

Tangoandcreditcards Sun 03-Apr-16 06:17:43

When DS was a few weeks old. I had him in the sling at home. I hadn't been to the shops so ended up having a cheese and BBQ sauce sandwich.

I dropped BBQ sauce on him and it sort of pooled in his fontanelle. And I didn't realise until it was all congealed and I could peel it off. Nice.

littlejeopardy Sun 03-Apr-16 06:17:59

Gravy.

cheerfullysleepless Sun 03-Apr-16 06:20:09

Literally anything you can eat one handed - at 8 w you could pretty much establish what I'd eaten that day by tipping out the contents of the sling on to the table and doing an analysis of the crumbs smile

DustyOwl Sun 03-Apr-16 07:38:42

Tango- I was coming on here to post a very similar story.

DS2 was in a sling at about 2 months old. I was at a BBQ and this very kind woman pointed out I had dropped almost the entire contents of the burger on his head; ketchup, salad, a bit of bread, Mayo, cheese and a small amount of burger, which had fallen out of the bottom of the bun as I had taken a (very delicate) bite.

Wizzles Sun 03-Apr-16 08:42:07

These are great! Not just me then grin

ceeveebee Sun 03-Apr-16 09:00:06

I was eating a fried egg sandwich with DD on my knee (she was about 6 months at the time) and when I bit into the yolk it dribbled all over her head - felt terrible that my first instinct was to laugh!!

familysizepack Sun 03-Apr-16 12:42:32

Mainly wine and pizza crumbs. ..

I tend to balance a napkin on her head if I'm eating with her in the sling. She almost got onions on her out of my burger. blush

BeautifulLiar Mon 04-Apr-16 10:13:21

Hoisin sauce. In her lovely hair!

Lol @ "a prawn" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now