Talk

Advanced search

22 month old

(7 Posts)
howiloveanicecupoftea Fri 01-Apr-16 15:06:18

How do you spend your day with your 22 month old? I feel our tv is on way too much but struggle to fill our day.

mathsy Fri 01-Apr-16 15:13:06

Definitely get out somewhere. I find it much harder work staying in the house with them. Park, toddler group, soft play, feeding ducks, etc.

RaisinGirls Fri 01-Apr-16 15:17:07

On the days when my daughter is not in nursery we do something like this

7 - get up and change nappy, have breakfast and play
8 - get washed, brush teeth , dress etc
9 - get ready to go out to play group
12 - home from play group - lunch
12.30/2 nap time
2 - more play - crayons, books, make believe kitchen , painting etc
3 - go to park , shop or more play as above
5 - half an hour of cartoons
5.30 tea time
6 - more playtime - books, drawing, play in garden (now it's still light)
6.45 upstairs for run around and bath
7.30 down for bed

KP86 Fri 01-Apr-16 15:23:10

Our TV is on a lot of the time as well, but mostly as background (she says as DS is perched right in front watching CBeebies right now).

I try to take DS (23m) out at least once per day, and we are home for lunch and sleep. Sometimes if the first trip was short or DS didn't get to walk or play we will also go out for a little while in the afternoon.

Activities at home include playing with toys, reading books, 'helping' with chores.

When we go out it might be to the high street for errands and shopping, scooting to the park and playground, toddler groups or visiting friends. The day definitely goes faster when we've been out!

ODog Fri 01-Apr-16 21:24:03

DS is also 22mo. We tend to have TV in the morning as DS is an early riser and I need to time to wake up. Then breakfast and bit of playing before getting ready and out of the house.

Most mornings we go to a toddler group/rhyme time/swimming lessons/park/shops/woods/walk/friends house etc.

Home for a nap or nap on the go in car or buggy depending on plans for the day.

Afternoons tend to be more relaxed. Chores/garden/playing at home/walks in the village/playdoh/painting/stories etc. I find I can drag out simple tasks like popping to the shop in the village for milk (literally 200m from our house) for an hour+. By walking a long way home, feeding ducks on the way, looking for tractors in the fields or buses or picking daisies/sticks/stone to 'plant' at home in the sand pit.

He tends to have TV for 20mins after waking from nap and then another 20-30mins while I make dinner and then he watched ITNG before bed. He probably has a couple of hours of TV per day in total.

knittingbee Sat 02-Apr-16 20:03:57

I have an older DC (4yo) too so no choice but to try and wear the bugger out find lots of outdoor entertainment.

We have time limit on TV because DC1 is frankly really badly behaved when it's on. No idea why. So we have Milkshake on in the morning (it finishes at about 9.15) and then CBeebies at 5. No TV in between.

We fill the day with a mixture of drawing, crafts, shopping, going to the playground, walking the dog, feeding the ducks, sometimes baking, sometimes helping me with tasks like cleaning the table or hanging the washing out. If there are things on - like now it's the holidays, there are local events - we do those too. That's more than enough as it takes blummin' ages to do anything now the 22mo insists on walking everywhere rather than being carried...

mrsmugoo Sat 02-Apr-16 21:35:41

No TV til 5pm in the week here (he is allowed it on weekend mornings though)

On non nursery days it would usually be something like this:

7:45 - breakfast then play
9:30 - 11:30 toddler group
12 lunch
12:45 stories
1-2 nap
2-3 playing and small snack
3-4 Go out to the shop / run an errand / swings etc
4-5 "help" in the kitchen making dinner
5 Dinner then tv/playing
6 Tidy up time and CBeebies bedtime hour
7 bath
7:30-7:45 asleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now