Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime on holiday

(6 Posts)
SleepForTheWeak Thu 31-Mar-16 18:07:30

We are going away for a week next week with 17mo DD. There will be 13 of us, in two lodges. DD usually has quite a set bedtime routine - starting at 18.30. She's a light sleeper and still wakes once or twice a night for a bf.

Should I try stick to the routine or will I just stress myself out? Should I just go with the flow, let her sleep when she's tired, don't worry if she's late in bed etc?

In the evenings everyone will be in our lodge as that's where the 3 children will be, so it's bound to be quite noisy.

I don't want to be a party pooper and worry about us having a good time, it's rare we all get together, but I'm worried about the consequences of a week with no daily structure and no set bedtime!

TIA

SleepForTheWeak Thu 31-Mar-16 18:10:23

I should also mention, we co sleep from her first wake up which could be anywhere between 10pm and 4am, so worried that I'll have to go to bed early if she wakes so that she can sleep in with me confused

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 31-Mar-16 18:11:09

I like structure too, and a glass of wine in my hand after baby bedtime! So ide stick generally to the routine - so if she seems a little less tired at usual bedtime just push it back a half hour. If she seems more tired, bring ut forward a little.

But dont keep her up all evening. This is the beauty of self catering - you arent out and about all evening.

We did a SC holiday with 4yo and 16mo and the youngest was exhausted so in bed for 6.30 every night. We let the 4yo stay up past her usual 7pm bedtime but she often asked for bed at about 7.45.

Artandco Thu 31-Mar-16 18:13:46

I would alter. Try and give her a later nap in pram late afternoon whilst out, say 3-5pm, then keep up until everyone else is winding down or just let her fall asleep on you. She's not going to sleep alone in a lodge with lots of people in and noise if used to silence.

ODog Thu 31-Mar-16 20:58:33

I would go with the flow. My DS has never been the best sleeper but whenever we are away we let him stay up (he is way too excited to sleep) and he generally sleeps much better than normal and we normally get a lay in. Which is weird as late bedtimes at home do not result in lay ins - the opposite in fact.

SleepForTheWeak Thu 31-Mar-16 21:14:19

That's reassuring - thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now