Talk

Advanced search

DD born 35+5 - sleep routine

(14 Posts)
KLG3101 Wed 30-Mar-16 05:30:15

DD is feeding every 3 hours apart from after her 7pm feed when she'll go 5 hours. It's driving me insane as if she'd do that during the night it would be fantastic!! What am I doing wrong?

She was born early, does this make a difference that she's still 3 hourly? All of my antenatal mums babies are sleeping 11-6 sad

milkingmachine1 Wed 30-Mar-16 05:49:55

You aren't doing anything wrong. Are you feeding on demand? She sounds perfectly normal. Both my 2 were born full term and bf, they fed 2/3 hourly until they were about 8 months. I found as soon as I accepted it things got easier emotionally. I do feel your pain, it's bloody exhausting flowers

Lovemylittlebears Wed 30-Mar-16 05:51:24

My little one does exactly same at 14 weeks. How old is your little one? Saying that he did sleep from 12-5 tonight aswell as was too tired to respond to his rooting and he went back to sleep but probably a Fluke smile

AStreetcarNamedBob Wed 30-Mar-16 06:08:24

Surely it depends how old she is? If she's now 2yr then yes YANBU but if she's still only a baby then this is very normal

Labradorlover01 Wed 30-Mar-16 06:34:41

I've just had my first born, I've chosen to breastfeed and the midwives advised me 3 hourly feeds at a stretch 4 hours but not to leave him longer than that really , I don't know about formula if you can leave it longer as it takes longer to digest so maybe you can and the timings are different.. I'm doing on demand though so sometimes he will want it every hour in the day but luckily at night he does go 3 hours which I think is quite good as I'm getting at least 6 hours sleep a night between feeds so sounds like you're little one is pretty normal X

KLG3101 Wed 30-Mar-16 09:19:27

Apologies! LO is 7 weeks and now formula fed

Ahappynewmummy Wed 30-Mar-16 09:51:50

my little one at 7 weeks was still feeding every 3 hours too but now (except the past two night he's got a cold) he goes to sleep at 7 dream feed him at half 10 then doesn't wake up till 5 or 6. it will get better
don't feel like you're doing good something wrong each baby is different

ODog Thu 31-Mar-16 13:46:22

At 7 weeks I was lucky to get a hour between feeds. And DS was born at 40+10 so much bigger. Totally normal, in fact I would say this is quite good. Also people exaggerate about how well their babies sleep. Ignore them.

BarbarianMum Thu 31-Mar-16 15:26:51

<<All of my antenatal mums babies are sleeping 11-6 >>

I'd be suspicious of this claim. And if it is true now it soon won't be <voice of bitter experience>

welshweasel Thu 31-Mar-16 15:43:47

My son is 9 weeks and was born at 35 weeks. He's formula fed and feeds every 3 hours (sometimes goes an extra half hour but never past 4 hours). I kind of assumed this was normal. Certainly I don't know of many babies who are sleeping through the night at 9 weeks, prem or not!

Oysterbabe Sat 02-Apr-16 20:03:21

My daughter is 13 weeks and was born at 35+5. She feeds every 3 hours if I'm lucky. Your friends are lying. The odd baby will sleep through at 7 weeks but it's not the norm.

BettyBi0 Sat 02-Apr-16 20:20:51

I think your routine sounds absolutely normal and you should take what your friends say with a pinch of salt. The early days are so gruelling but it will settle after 8-10 weeks or so.

Boring as it is, you have to make the most of that early good chunk before midnight to catch some zzzzz

jessplussomeonenew Sun 03-Apr-16 12:42:40

I think my son first did 5 hours at 11 months. I don't think I did anything wrong either...

Brummiegirl15 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:48:53

My DD was born at 34+3 and she's now 14 weeks. She feeds every 4 hours but up until a couple of weeks ago it was every 3 hrs.

She most certainly doesn't sleep through and still wakes about 3am for a feed. At 7 weeks she was still feeding a couple times a night

Big hugs, it's so hard, and take what your friends say with a huge pinch of salt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now