Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend a night nanny/midwife in London

(5 Posts)
strangerjo Wed 30-Mar-16 00:15:21

My son is only a month old. I'm still recovering from a c section, subsequent illnesses and infections as well as pnd after a very difficult pregnancy. My husband is at his wit's end with sleep deprivation.
Can anyone recommend a day or night nanny in London please? Ideally someone who is also a midwife. We just need some short term help to cope better.
Many thanks

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Wed 30-Mar-16 05:14:24

Have you tried the agency eden nannies I personally am not registered with them bit lots people speak v highly of them.

ilovevenice Wed 30-Mar-16 23:27:17

I am sure a maternity nurse would be happy to help out. They normally look after new borns but he is still very tiny! They would usually live in and work 5/6 days a week for a set period, and most would also help you to steer him towards some sort of routine, if that is what you would like (would help with the sleep deprivation issue). Or you could get a night nanny if you'd be more comfortable with only having someone in your home at night. A day nanny won't do you much good in terms of sleep deprivation.
Google Maternally Yours - I haven't used them personally as our maternity nurse was recommended by a friend, but friends have done. Eden Nannies do also provide maternity nurses as the PP said.
I really hope that you can find someone to help you enjoy your new baby!

strangerjo Wed 30-Mar-16 23:42:21

Thank you both! X

Joneseygirl77 Thu 31-Mar-16 09:53:04

Sleeping Babies came recommended to me by a friend. We used a sleep consultant from them but I know they do day and night nannies. I'd highly recommend them as they were lovely and just got how horrible lack of sleep is!

I promise it will get better lots of flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now