Talk

Advanced search

Away from 21 mo for 5 days?

(4 Posts)
Clara101 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:28:13

I've got a work trip coming up which wd mean being away from my 4.5 yo and 21 mo for 4.5 days. (Leave Fri pm and home Tuesday eve after bedtime.). They wd be with their dad over the weekend and nursery for oldest and much loved nanny for youngest on the Mon/Tues daytime and dad in eve.

Still bit worried tho. Seems like long time for my youngest. So far we have done 2/3 nights which has been ok tho he cried when we did Skype..!

I cd break it, come back sun pm and leave v early on the mon. But that wd mean spending most of Sunday travelling. What wd you do? Experiences of trips like this?

Thank you..

youlemming Tue 29-Mar-16 21:46:58

I think it's harder on us than on the kids, I have to travel to the US once a yr for work and the first time was when DD1 was 9m, DH managed fine and DD1 went to her nan's as she would normally do for 2 days and then nursery the rest of the week, I'm away from the Sunday to the Saturday.

Travelling back the Sunday may make things more difficult/confusing for the kids having 2 good-bye's and also be very tiring on you.
You could try a phone call rather than skype, hearing your voice but not being able to see you go again at the end of the call may make things easier.

uhoh2016 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:59:05

Your dc will be absolutely fine it's a few days out of their entire life I doubt they'll be scarred or even remember you leaving them for a few days when they're older

Clara101 Wed 30-Mar-16 21:35:51

Thank you both.. That's reassuring and good ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now