Should I be worried or am I being super PFB/daft?

(4 Posts)
squaretoes Tue 29-Mar-16 17:07:13

DD4 has had a manic few weeks, her birthday so spoilt and overexcited, then she got scarlet fever, then it was three birthday parties the weekend she was just about better, so still tired and not 100%. This weekend she was a bridesmaid for my best friend so late nights, lots of excitment and spoilt rotten and then obviously Easter so seeing friends, lots of excitement and too much chocolate

She's not really herself, she has been wingy and i've put it down to being tired and stuff but today its almost like she has forgotten how to speak properly. She is pronouncing words with strange inflections and doesn't seem aware she is doing it. Asked her to say 'mummy' and she is sort of saying 'mumah' instead of 'mum-eee' iyswim and then got upset when I said, no, 'mum-eee'

Is she just shattered? She is currently asleep having dropped naps over a year ago. Or should I take her back to the docs? I am very happy to be told I am just being pfb.

whattodoforthebest2 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:11:42

I'd say she's shattered. Give her a few days of regular routine if you can and see how it goes - normal bedtimes, mealtimes, usual daily stuff. IME kids can take a while to settle down after a disrupted routine and it's been a few weeks of chaos, from the sound of it.

Biscetti Tue 29-Mar-16 17:12:16

I don't think you're being PFB at all, but it sounds to me as if she's just absolutely shattered after a hectic few weeks, coupled with having been poorly.

My youngest can still be like this after a whirlwind (she's 8), and the others were all at one time or another.

I'd leave it for a couple of days, let her catch up with herself and then review. Lots of tlc and cuddles should sort it out. Good luck.

squaretoes Tue 29-Mar-16 17:27:18

okay, thank you. That's reassuring. We will just have a mundane few days and no late nights, I could do with that too to be honest!! flowers flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now