Talk

Advanced search

What did you get subsequent children for their first birthday?

(7 Posts)
weeblueberry Wed 23-Mar-16 10:24:55

It's DD2's birthday next week and we have literally nothing for her. Not lack or finds or thoughtfulness but it just seems like everything she needs, she has! Or, I should say, her sister who's two years older has, and she just plays with it. I'm not massively inclined to keep buying toys because she's happy enough to play with her big sisters and we don't have a garden shed to store lots of lovely summer items. She doesn't really need clothes or practical items either so I'm stumped!

Thoughts and suggestions?

drspouse Wed 23-Mar-16 10:38:07

I started a thread on this topic about a year ago - we ended up asking for a water play table as we didn't have one for DC1. We would also have asked for (if we didn't have it already) a seat and o-bar for DC1's Mini Micro scooter as DC1 now has a balance bike so the scooter has been passed down, though that was something DC2 started using around 18 months so maybe for Christmas.

Then we have also got (some for Christmas and some for birthday) things like a term of DC2's swimming lessons which obviously were specific to DC2, and then (but I think this was Christmas, however DC2 loves this) an annual pass to a local attraction that has small animals.

Misty9 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:02:39

We're having this issue with dc2 2nd birthday in a few weeks! For first birthday she got a dolls house, but hasn't really done much with it yet (and I expected as much). Mine likes her own special crockery and cutlery? Dc1 is a boy so people mainly buy us pink stuff as that's the only items we don't have already confused

Something like swimming lessons is good. Or my mum bought a charm bracelet for dd first birthday and will get a charm every year. Own bedding? Fairy lights for room? Becky and lolo website has some lovely things and 15% off with code CHICK.

drspouse Wed 23-Mar-16 21:06:12

Oh also ours are 2 1/2 years apart so DC2 does need some opposite season clothes.

ailbhel Wed 23-Mar-16 21:08:11

Box of kleenex to empty. Incredibly good fun, amusing photos later, child genuinely enjoys it.

namechangingagainagain Wed 23-Mar-16 21:13:07

a big box full of balloons ( although this was for ds4 and we had genuinely NOTHING we could buy)

weeblueberry Wed 23-Mar-16 22:42:12

These are all fab ideas!! I'd do the balloon thing but have a massive thing about them. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now