Talk

Advanced search

Pampers leaking at night arrghh

(26 Posts)
BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 03:45:11

DS 9 months is a wriggle bottom at night.

Have always used Pampers New Baby and now on Baby Dry. Massive leak at night. So thought I'd try the Active Fit - leakage again! It's always on one side up to his arm pit and is really disturbing his sleep. Have tried a size up and have had no luck.

He is a very tall and skinny baby. I thought Pampers are meant to be the best! Any advice/recommendations?

icklekid Tue 22-Mar-16 03:55:01

Try Aldi if one near you as lots of people find they work well. Could you try going up a size at night?

BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 04:13:34

Keep hearing about Aldi nappies. Will try.

Yes been up a size and no luck!

Eminybob Tue 22-Mar-16 04:27:04

Sounds obvious but are you making sure his penis is pointing down when you put the nappy on?

BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 04:32:17

Yes Eminy - it's more of a side leak than a tummy leak IYSWIM

Shirkingfromhome Tue 22-Mar-16 04:38:18

Sorry but I think pampers are awful. I bought a pack on holiday and they were forever leaking. I use Aldi or Sainsbury's own and have never had an issue.

Jw35 Tue 22-Mar-16 06:09:14

It might not be the nappy! I use pampers baby dry and swear by them. However, when my dd was really young she would have a bedtime bottle then a night feed and basically the nappy was just too full. I resolved this by putting a nappy back to front over the top of the original nappy. A tip I picked up online! It worked a treat. I tried Aldi nappies once and they leaked in the day (pampers didn't). My dd has never had nappy rash or redness. By all means try another nappy but IMO it's not the brand that's the issue

Whenwillwe3meetagain Tue 22-Mar-16 06:17:20

Sainsburys for us after the same issues

BexusSugarush Tue 22-Mar-16 08:07:32

Aldi nappies all the way.

Dontgiveaschnitzel Tue 22-Mar-16 08:13:21

I had the same issue with pampers baby dry and active fit. Aldi nappies fit my baby better. My HV said its because babies have different shaped bums so some nappies fit better than others.

HandbagFan Tue 22-Mar-16 08:39:21

Not much to suggest but DS has this too / not because the nappy is full but always up the same side of his body.

Solasum Tue 22-Mar-16 08:41:08

Have you tried pampers baby dry pants? They are much wider at the sides so grip better than normal nappies.

Solasum Tue 22-Mar-16 08:41:58

Or you could try a quick nappy change when you go to bed, to reduce the problem?

mrsnoon Tue 22-Mar-16 08:42:07

Try going up a vest size, once the nappy starts to fill up and expand if the vest is too snug it will squeeze the nappy and cause leaks. Worked for us at similar age.

AlleyCatandRastaMouse Tue 22-Mar-16 08:43:33

I used pampers for my girls but they were useless for my boy. Lidl and Aldi nappies stopped dead the constant leaking we experienced with pampers.

Jw35 Tue 22-Mar-16 09:10:04

My HV said its because babies have different shaped bums so some nappies fit better than others.

I never understood this! Nappies are the same shape with Velcro sides you stretch to fit? sometimes you an have the wrong size nappy but how do brands differ for bum size? confused

VeryPunny Tue 22-Mar-16 09:13:45

Aldi nappies or Tots bots bamboozle if you don't mind cloth.

BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 09:54:10

I'm very tempted with cloth nappies for night time only.

Have tried Baby Dry they're the same.

Plenty of room in the vest.

DS is very skinny and tall - I'm sure that has something to do with the leakage. Surely the 'Active' fit should be enough to keep him dry in the night?

It's bloody annoying!

Oh and to be fair he has never had a nappy rash.

BumWad Tue 22-Mar-16 09:56:13

Question about the cloth nappies... Do you just dump the poo in the toilet and put the nappy in the wash?

I was thinking something like a cloth type cover over his disposable nappy might work as added protection? Does something like that exist?

Dontgiveaschnitzel Tue 22-Mar-16 17:15:14

Jw35 - I didn't get it either until I had a baby with a skinny bum and certain nappies just leak no matter how tight the velcro. Aldi and a German brand called babylove are best for us. I bet nappies aren't a standard size, she's in a size 3 but some size 3s feel smaller than others.

MrsMarigold Tue 22-Mar-16 17:22:30

Just change him while he is asleep they usually stay asleep, I used to do this at around 10pm. I have skinny kids and swore by Sainsbury's own brand nappies.

GlitterGlassEye Tue 22-Mar-16 17:22:37

Another vote for Aldi here. They're also under £4 for a big pack.

Shirkingfromhome Tue 22-Mar-16 20:54:37

My DS is tall and skinny too. Perhaps pampers are a wider fit then? You can buy liners for cloth nappies but I've never use them so can't advise.

iemma321q Tue 22-Mar-16 23:04:06

I'm another one who would say try aldi!!

BumWad Wed 23-Mar-16 09:36:04

Last night I just changed DS at 11pm. He went straight back to sleep which is great, and way hay he was dry in the morning! Might still give the Aldi nappies a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now