Talk

Advanced search

ktan baby carrier

(10 Posts)
delilabell Mon 21-Mar-16 19:12:27

I'm looking at having a sling/baby carrier for dc2 so that I have free hands for ds1, to get on with things, and also so it is snuggled/safe
I'm plus size (normally 20-22 on top)
would people recommend this carrier?
reviews I've seen generally look good but only ones I can see are American..
any advice would be fab..

familysizepack Mon 21-Mar-16 22:41:53

If you look under products in the talk topics there's a 'slings and back packs' board for advice.

(Click 'talk' up there ^ to go to the topic index)

I've not tried the brand you mentioned but slings are great for snuggles. smile

delilabell Tue 22-Mar-16 20:04:11

Oh that's brilliant thank you!

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Tue 22-Mar-16 20:08:03

I use a sling all the time with dc2 for the reasons you mention.

Not heard of the one you mentioned but I have a manduca and it's great.

Can you get to a sling library to try a few on?

delilabell Tue 22-Mar-16 20:11:37

No sling libraries round here I'm afraid but will look up the manduca-thank you. Is it easy to put on?

slugseatlettuce Tue 22-Mar-16 20:18:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slugseatlettuce Tue 22-Mar-16 20:20:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LBOCS2 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:23:28

I've just bought a k'tan, as I wanted less fabric than you get from a standard wrap for my newborn - I already have a more structured carrier for when she's older. The reviews I read were very good and I bought mine directly from the US so it was much cheaper! I haven't used it yet though - waiting for DD2's arrival...

delilabell Wed 23-Mar-16 07:24:53

If it's for sale in a card shop or a phone shop I'm fine otherwise no chance where I live ;-)
I'll look at the connecta as well. Thank you everyone

CutYourHairAndGetAJob Wed 23-Mar-16 08:21:04

Some sling libraries do a postal hire. Otherwise you could buy online from somewhere with free returns just in case.

If a K tan is like a close carrier then it is great for the first few months, really snuggly and will stretch to the perfect fit. A buckle carrier like a manduca or connecta will be OK for a newborn but really comes into its own at 4 or 5 months, and will carry your baby till they are a toddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now