One year old nightmare

(4 Posts)
LariyahSpen Sun 20-Mar-16 07:34:28

My daughter was one last week & honestly almost exactly since that day she has been a bloody pain. I feel like she has gone backwards in every aspect.

She has always been an awful sleeper despite her having a routine since she was four months old. But lately she has been so unsettled, crying in the night & to the point I can't leave the room & have slept on the floor next to her cot!

She's so grumpy crying much more than usual etc and she is suddenly so attached to me!

She is draining us all!!

Has anyone else experienced this regression?

starpatch Sun 20-Mar-16 19:34:29

Could it be her molars coming through maybe? They are horrible

superbfairywren Mon 21-Mar-16 12:01:19

It might be teeth. My DD has had four come through in quick succession since her first birthday. Also I think it can be a tough time for them as they understand a lot more and are learning to communicate. DD gets very frustrated that she can't tell me what she wants. Well she tries to tell me but I obviously don't understand her garble! Since she's learned to point at things and take my hand and take me to the things she wants it has got easier! It's definitely a tough developmental stage.

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Mon 21-Mar-16 15:56:44

Probably her teeth as the same happened with my DD. After over a week of awful sleep she is finally starting to sleep better (although still wakes in night but that's the usual for her!!). She had four come through at once so hold tight.

As for in the day just try and stay positive. Sometimes I can laugh at her neediness and other days it irritates me but that's parenting I guess! She has tantrums now where she clenches her fists and that is pretty funny tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now