Talk

Advanced search

Pram tipped over

(11 Posts)
1sttimemum100 Thu 17-Mar-16 10:47:01

I am shaking as typing this, I was putting some shopping from under buggy into car, didn't realise brake was off and pram rolled down slope and tipped over with 3.5 mo inside, he screamed and cried for few minutes while I got him into house, now feeding don't know what to do, wasnt strapped in, don't know if he hit head, should I take him to a and e? Please help beside myself

FranHastings Thu 17-Mar-16 10:50:37

This happened to me in Sainsbury's when DD was about 8 weeks old. It is utterly terrifying and I shook for ages. She wasn't strapped in because she was grumpy and I'd been carrying her, put her back in, never thinking the bloody pram would flip up.

She was fine. I wasn't sure if she'd hit her head either. I think the fact she was still floppy still actually helped.

Give

FranHastings Thu 17-Mar-16 10:53:25

Argh, it posted too early.

I'm no medical expert, have a look at all of him for bruises. For your own peace of mind, I would probably seek medical advice, either NHS direct, GP or walk in centre.

Looking after yourself too. It's an awful feeling. I couldn't believe it had happened and she was always strapped in after that.

FranHastings Thu 17-Mar-16 10:53:50

*look not looking.

AlleyCatandRastaMouse Thu 17-Mar-16 10:54:45

I personally would go to a paediatric a and e if I was remotely concerned about a head injury.

phequer Thu 17-Mar-16 10:54:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Thu 17-Mar-16 10:58:42

Oh poor you. flowers

I would take him to get checked over, I think. Mainly because I don't think you'll be able to relax until you've been reassured he's fine. I would phone your GPs surgery in the first instance and see if they've got an appointment for today.

BirthdayBetty Thu 17-Mar-16 10:59:33

For peace of mind get some medical advice and have a strong brew.
At various points my kids have fallen off bed and sofa, down the stairs and off a wall. They were all fine smile

1sttimemum100 Thu 17-Mar-16 11:18:45

Thanks so much all, he is now laughing and playing so not sure whether to go to doc or not, I have fed him, he calmed down straight away, stripped him off and no sign of any bruising, I feel like a terrible mother 😱😰

1sttimemum100 Thu 17-Mar-16 11:20:07

He wasn't strapped in but didn't fall out, I will be doing up the straps every time from now on

weeblueberry Thu 17-Mar-16 11:43:14

Did the buggy tip over to the front or to the side? If front I'd probably get him checked if there's any chance his head made contact with the ground. When DD2 was 4 months she fell off the changing unit into the laundry basket and when we called NHS24 for advice they said any potential head injury needs to be checked. But when we got to the hospital the doctor sort of gave a hmm face that we'd been sent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now